In Adevinta we are a world leading online classifieds business that reaches more than 200 million people each month through our household name brands across 16 countries. Our brands include Leboncoin.fr, OLX, Vibbo.com, fotocasa, infojobs and Shpock to name a few.
Our brands are supported by tech hubs in Paris and Barcelona. Their goal is to develop common global product & innovation platforms which all of our brands can leverage; creating data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and helping us achieve our mission of creating perfect matches on the world's most trusted marketplaces. Our Touchstone team’s mission is to create easy to integrate customisable drop-in components for each of our Marketplaces to use in their apps and sites. The team is data-informed, utilising the A/B experimentation techniques to prove and improve the components that we offer to marketplaces to improve their users’ experiences. Why join this team: Join a team building highly-visible, data-informed products. Build components that tie together predictive machine learning models built by data science teams, that leverage image recognition and personalisation algorithms. Be part of a team that build and run their software with full control and ownership. Learn from your mistakes and from the mistakes of others and strive for continuous improvement.
- Help build state of the art components that have real revenue-generating impact
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team here in Paris and alongside colleagues throughout Europe and Latin America
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality that can scale to a large user base
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Product and UX) to drive product development
- Lead discussions and contribute to technical architecture decisions
- Excellent web development experience, including build and deployment best practices such as server-side rendering
- Familiarity with W3C Web Components (custom elements, shadow DOM) using vanilla JS, and/or Stencil, Polymer, SkateJS, etc.
- Familiarity with popular frameworks especially React, Vue.js, and Node.js
- A passion for User Experience, i18n/l10n, accessibility, testability, and creating humane and flexible SDKs for other developers
- Experience in multiple development languages, and an interest in learning more
- Automated acceptance testing
- You will be consuming and designing RESTful APIs alongside our backend and native mobile developers
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organisation
- The cloud is your friend. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills Technical and business level English is a must
Desirable Experience (which you’ll be exposed to, if you’re not already)
- Experience with server side technologies for building web services for mobile devices
- CI/CD build pipelines
- DDD, SOLID, TDDAWS or any other cloud platform
- High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organisation toward a consensus
If this sounds like you it would be great to have a conversation, the first step is to click apply!