We are currently recruiting for a senior frontend developer to work within our technical team on a wide variety of projects related to the company’s technical and digital delivery projects, both internally and on behalf of our clients. Assignments will include frontend architecture and development, CI pipeline design and implementation and frontend automated testing.
The role will be primarily focussed on frontend technologies and frameworks including ReactJS and React Native with the use of TypeScript. However, experience with Node.js and / or ASP.Net technologies and databases would also be beneficial.
You’ll be working primarily with our corporate consultancy clients in the Fintech / banking space; industry experience a bonus but not essential. Mobile development with React Native and/or pure native background would also be beneficial for this role, though not essential.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Architecture of frontend single page web applications and/or React Native mobile applications.
- Development of responsive user interfaces using modern frontend frameworks including ReactJS and React Native.
- Integration of frontend systems with platform and 3rd party APIs.
- Design system construction and integration.
- Frontend CI pipeline design and implementation.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of our clients’ systems and our own core platform and systems.
- Cross team collaboration and technical team leadership.
- Automated test framework design and implementation.
- Documentation and utilisation of internal development standards and practices.
Skills & Competencies:
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passionate interest in technology and programming with a particular love for frontend, user-centric development.
- Have a scrupulous attention to detail coupled with competence in understanding and following detailed instructions and briefs.
- Have a desire to create stable and scalable systems, not just “the quick fix” solution.
- Be eager to learn and develop their own skillset and willing to adapt to the fast changing nature of frontend technology.
- Be pragmatic and solution-oriented, looking to balance technical excellence with practical answers to real-world problems.
- Be easy-going, approachable and highly collaborative; willing to work as part of and/or lead a technical team, creating and exchanging ideas in order to find solutions to technical and business challenges.
- Be happy to work under pressure in order to meet sometimes tight commercial deadlines while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Be experienced and comfortable:
- Developing complex web applications;
- Working with a wide variety of web technologies and frameworks; and
- Implementing resilient integration of frontend and backend systems.
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of:
- Type systems (e.g. TypeScript)
- Frontend testing frameworks (e.g. jest, enzyme)
- Frontend UI testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Cypress)
- Source Control (Git)