The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a Front End Engineer. The Front End Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining front end features, establishing design systems and front end best practices, and solidifying a front end tech stack. This position will report to the deputy Chief Technology Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development of front end features of our web apps and services
- Establish design systems and best practices for a healthy front end workflow
- Help solidify a front end tech stack
- Help design and implement a scalable front end architecture
- Work with the technology team to identify front end needs
- Help to rapidly prototype and validate product concepts
- Optimize digital tools for maximum speed and scalability
- Work closely with the product designer to establish pattern libraries and standardized visual language and UX systems
- Assist with other tasks as directed by the organization
- Proficiency with style sheet languages such as Sass or Less
- Proficiency with front end CSS frameworks like Bootstrap
- Proficiency with front end build systems such as Gulp or webpack
- Understanding of front end best practices including asset management, content delivery, optimization, browser compatibility and more
- Full stack knowledge is a plus but not required
- Ability to self manage and thrive in a high pressure, fast paced campaign environment sometimes requiring night and weekend work
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong alignment to Bernie 2020 campaign platform
$65,000 - $85,000, dependent on experience.
Full time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.