Department: Software Development
Reports To: Front End Lead Developer
Location: 4715 Frederick Dr. SW Atlanta, GA 30336
Employment Type: Full Time, In House
Start Date: ASAP
A little about Supply.com:
With offices minutes from downtown Atlanta, SUPPLY.com is a place to buy all volumes and varieties of plumbing and homebuilding materials. From faucets to floor lamps, we’ve got one of the most expansive catalogs in the business, and we rely on our crackerjack team of developers and data scientists to keep it all straight. The plumbing supply industry is about as old school as it gets, but just when our competitors think they have all the answers, we change the questions. How? By taking an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to every challenge, every day. This is where YOU come in, come aboard, and help us build something great.
What is the opportunity for you?
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. This position will also involve identifying opportunities to leverage toolkits to create a better experience for our employees and customers. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
What are you going to do:
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS and Android platform
- Experience with mobile UI/UX patterns
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
What are you going to bring to the table:
- 1-2 years' experience with React native
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject preferred
- Working experience in iOS or Android development
- Have published one or more iOS or Andriod apps.
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Android studio, Expo
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest, SonarQube
- React.js experience preferred
- CI/CD experience preferred
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
What do we bring to the table:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Great 401(k), Time Off and benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life and Vision
- A seat on the development and merchandising teams that collaborate to build great things
- A learning culture with access to growth and new opportunities
- Incredible employee discounts on Supply.com products
- Thursday Thank Yous: free lunches and fun activities every Thursday, courtesy of SUPPLY.com
- A wide variety of Ferguson Inc. employee perks that are too many to count
*Pre-employment drug and background screening required
**Supply.com and Build.com is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability. We value diversity.