Wikifactory is the world's first social platform for collaborative product development. The platform connects the next generation of product developers with each other and the tools to accelerate product development.
Wikifactory is a start-up, headquartered in Hong Kong with operating offices in Spain and China. We are an international team, driven by innovation and systems thinking. We need your help to design and build a world class user experience for our product.
Over the next 6 months Wikifactory will be adding capabilities to enable users of our existing collaborative design system to manufacture the products they design together. You'll be part of a team working closely with cutting-edge product designers, incubators, and manufacturers to understand their needs and build tools which help them accelerate product development. Our users range from designers and makers to experienced mechanical and electronic engineers. Working with the Chief Product Officer, and engineering team, you'll be responsible for ensuring we provide a intuitive, clear, and functional experience for these complex use cases. In particular the role entails:
- Designing user interfaces which make complex interactions feel simple and easy
- Implementing interfaces using modern web technologies
- Working with the engineering team to bring interfaces to life
- Helping to iterate and improve the performance and usability of our existing platform
- Building design systems, guidelines and tools to support designers and engineers in providing a consistently high quality user-interfaces
- You will be responsible for the quality and the utility of our design resources and processes
What You Bring
We are looking for a user-experience designer with strong technical capabilities or a skilled software developer with a creative design streak. Either way, you'll need to be able to take complex design problems and turn them into elegant, simple, and functional solutions.
- User experience design and user interface design expertise
- Capability to create design systems for the wider team to utilise when creating interfaces
- Excellent English, good communication skills and a team oriented approach
- Enthusiasm for building infrastructure for the next industrial revolution
- 3D user interface experience
- Experience using React, StyledComponents, or GraphQL
Why Work at Wikifactory
- Join an exciting start-up with ambitious plans in a fast growing, multi-billion dollar industry
- Apply your experience in a disruptive technology area that is impacting every aspect of product development
- Participate in a small international team with a diverse skills and backgrounds
- Gain unparalleled access to innovation communities in China and around the World
€55k-65k - depending on experience and track record.
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com and include:
- A brief note introducing yourself and explaining why we caught your interest
- Your resume or a link to it (LinkedIn is fine)
- A link to project work or code you're particularly proud of. If it's code, provide a description of what it does and let us know why you're proud of it