Do you enjoy working closely with designers to bring ideas to life? Do you like to choose the best language and framework for the problem? We’re looking for React Developers, Full Stack Developers and Front-end Developers!
If you have worked with Google Cloud, call yourself a React Developer, a Front-end Develop or are a general Full-Stack developer we want to meet you! You’ll work in cross-functional team to build a highly scalable project for an amazing, leading tech client.
There will be free breakfast, lunch, dinner and you'll work with us at the company that has been voted the number 1 place to work for globally time and time again.
Top candidates for this role desire a results-driven, collaborative, and fast-paced environment. You should have a focus on producing robust, functional, and quality software and believe in the “art of the possible” striking the right balance between idealism and pragmatism with your solution.
All applicants must have valid working rights for Australia and be able to start 1 April. This will be a 6 month contract with view for extension or permanency for the right person
We work on projects that make a meaningful impact to our clients, their customers, and the world. We work very hard to win interesting and challenging projects. Many of our client relationships span multiple years and projects. We work across the project lifecycle, from highly strategic discovery work to large-scale build projects and everything in between.
Our teams work in a collaborative cross-discipline environment where everyone is responsible for quality, and hence encouraged to look beyond their immediate role. It’s also great fun working at ustwo!
We have a very warm and welcoming culture. We are a very transparent company and work hard to distribute leadership across the studio. We are an equal opportunity employer and very much value diversity and inclusion. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We seek people of all ages, stories and backgrounds.
- Loves to learn new technology and languages
- Experience in building secure, highly scalable and resilient web application.
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5 and CSS3.
- Apply the best design pattern for the case (Flux, MVC, MVVM, Mediator, etc.)
- Knowledge of the latest libraries and tendencies (React.js, Redux, Angular, Web Sockets, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing (mocha, jest, jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git flows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban.
- Sense of humour and strong desire to constantly improve.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Python and web technologies
- Development or Computer Science related degree.
- Experience with API integration / testing, ideally with deeper understanding of different patterns (CRUD, CQRS, SOA, etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies (AppEngine standard, DataStore)
- Experience with databases (SQL and / or NoSQL)
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers (Stylus, SASS) and CSS patterns.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience with / interest in functional programming.
- Active Github account / open source contributions.
- Experience with Vagrant, Docker or other tools to ensure a robust development environment.
- Passionate about development.
- Have a strong appetite to explore new technologies and share knowledge.
- Welcome feedback and look to improve project development and understanding.
- Be able to work to deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
Above all we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. And we just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!