We’re a friendly team of technology experts who specialise in creating enterprise web apps for the workplace. We believe that design-led thinking is the key to making great applications – it’s not just how it looks; it’s how it works. This approach provides the foundation for everything we create.
To learn more about what we get up to, take a look at our blog page.
We’re on the lookout for a middleweight front-end developer to join our team. Working closely with our Technical Director, you’ll oversee front-end development for clients spanning a variety of sectors, including security, intelligence, and pharma. From building bespoke SPAs and living pattern libraries to making more traditional content websites with WordPress and Drupal, your work will help to improve efficiency, streamline workflows, and ultimately change the way our clients’ businesses work.
Who we’re looking for
Your understanding of UX will play a crucial part in our agile design and development process. Being confident with both visual design and front-end development, you feel comfortable voicing your opinion and articulating your solutions to clients.
You’re comfortable using the latest languages and frameworks, helping to ensure the team picks the right tools for the job. You enjoy chatting about your ideas and concepts just as much as you like to design and build them. Perhaps your entrepreneurial spirit has even led you to develop a few web apps of your own.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience writing semantic and accessible HTML
- Experience writing CSS without a framework, and with a preprocessor (Sass)
- Experience with module-bundlers and transpilers, such as Webpack/Babel
- Experience with JS frameworks/libraries such as React or Vue.js
- Experience creating UI pattern libraries/design systems
- An understanding of interaction and UX design
- An understanding of visual tools such as Sketch or Adobe CS
- An understanding of RWD and progressive enhancement
- Experience using version control (Git)
- Experience with modern CMSs (WordPress/Craft/Drupal)
It would be great if you have:
- An understanding of CSS methodologies (BEM/SMACSS)
- Experience with Node.js and Express
- Experience with multiple programming paradigms (OOP and functional)
- An understanding of templating languages (Twig/Blade)
- An understanding of the factors that influence performance
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
- It would be ideal if you have:
- Some experience working with PHP frameworks (Laravel/Symphony)
- A basic understanding of containerisation (Docker)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Experience with issue/project tracking software (such as Jira)