We’re looking for a talented senior frontend engineer to join us and who can use their experience in modern frontend engineering to be a strong contributor who works in a cross-functional team. At Fuse we are in a period of growth and looking to find the best candidates who can help us innovate and drive our product forward. You will be working beside others who are passionate about changing how learning happens in a workplace. This is a great opportunity to improve the end-user experience that we provide and improve the value that Fuse brings to our customers.
What you'll do
- You will collaborate closely with others in a cross-functional, autonomous team focused under a specific product domain.
- Together with your team, you will deliver quality features and functionality to end-users.
- You will be involved in higher level system design and architectural discussions for our frontend systems.
- You will iterate on delivered features, ensuring that the architecture and functionality are updated and fit for purpose.
- You will test and document the functionality that you are delivering.
- You will use your skills and experience to help drive and influence the technical direction of the frontend team.
- You will be working in the core platform codebase on both web and mobile.
- You will work in an organisation that encourages innovation and is striving to deliver that to our end users.
- You will be working in an environment that cares about you and supports your personal growth and success.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience on both the web and mobile platforms.
- You have knowledge of and utilise good software engineering practices.
- You have experience mentoring other developers.
- You are proactive in your work and with helping others.
- You care about quality, and you take ownership of your work and the product.
- You are collaborative and can bring your ideas to the table, while still taking in the ideas of others.
- You are adaptable and embrace positive change.
- You are proficient in writing testing.
- You understand both functional and object oriented programming.
- You have experience with modern frontend tools/libraries. (e.g. React, Webpack, Redux)
- You have extensive experience working with APIs and REST.
- You have experience implementing responsive layouts.
- You are willing to step out of your comfort zone to develop or learn new skills.
- You understand the tradeoffs of different frontend frameworks and tools.
- You are proficient in testing features across many different browsers and environments.
- You have experience working with backend engineers, UX/UI designers, product, and testing engineers when developing features.
- You have exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to communicate your ideas.
- Experience working on a backend would be advantageous
If you are a passionate engineer with a good eye for detail, and think you have the skills, drive and talent to help us build our team and product, we’d really like you to come join!