A fantastic new role has come up within Spark, the branded content solutions department at The Telegraph, focusing on technical solutions for commercial campaigns published across The Telegraph’s digital channels - including interactive experiences, apps and any other formats
Working with the Head of Digital Development you will be responsible for ensuring all work produced is of the highest quality, meeting deadlines, and is on budget, optimised and contributing to the ‘Results That Matter’ guarantee.
You will also assist other parts of the business in this role by providing tools and product build & maintenance services as required, as well as producing product prototypes that assist the sales team securing new/recurring businesses.
Experience of Motion Graphics development would be a huge benefit.
- Build and maintain campaign components such as interactive elements, apps, display advertisements, etc., ensuring they answer the brief fully and are delivered on time.
- Build and maintain products and tools that assist improving campaign efficiency and data insight, including for other areas of the business as and when required.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use, optimise application for maximum speed and scale-ability.
- Build internal solutions across the different departments.
- Constantly refine the code output to improve the campaign performance that leads to the results that matter to our clients.
- Take the ownership of the project and be responsible for the quality and punctuality from the initial stage through to the final production and delivery.
- Constantly improve the workflow, liaising with other areas of the business as necessary, to achieve the maximum production efficiency.
- Attend internal meetings to capture the campaign objectives and technical requirements, as well as client amends.
- Contribute to sales pitches by producing product prototypes.
- Advice designers to ensure the proposed campaign component is technically feasible and utilising the best possible technology.
- Liaise with Designers to ensure the visual assets are prepared correctly for deployment.
- Follow the campaign management system workflow strictly and record accurate timesheet daily.
- Collaborate with fellow team members as well as colleagues from other areas of the business as necessary to ensure the timely product deployment.
- Stay abreast of emerging technology trends and feedback to the team to help forming new production methods, product ideas and strategies.
- Troubleshoot: identify and solve problems.
- Sound understanding of good coding principles.
- Ability to produce responsive, cross-browser, cross-platform compatible codebase.
- Good experience with Git and other version control systems.
- Extensive experience in industry standard IDEs.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Good understanding of UX/UI design principles.
- Good knowledge of using online analytics and of their meaning and terminology.
- Basic ability to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and other Adobe products.
- Ability to work as part of a wider team and liaise with the sales team, editors, picture desk, designers and project managers to achieve the common goal.
Employees at The Telegraph enjoy roles that contribute directly to shaping the future of the UK’s leading quality newsbrand. In return for your investment in our purpose and vision, The Telegraph offers a range of flexible benefits that help you shape your life against your priorities. From health and well-being for you and loved ones, maternity and paternity leave, childcare, discounts and cashback with local retailers, as well as the medical services, fitness and wellness classes and gym facilities provided at our Buckingham Palace Road office.
- We have a strong management team who are passionate about growth and are well-placed to support you in your journey with us
- We are fearless, together, open-minded and informed. We believe in The Telegraph and the quality journalism it stands for, striving to work in a way that empowers our people to succeed
- Opportunity: as The Telegraph diversifies we look to new markets and sources of innovation - this role is a strong part of this journey and as such, your success will ensure you have a real runway for growth
- An excellent remuneration package and benefits
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.