10 Exchange Place, Jersey City
With that in mind, we're looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer with a strong background in building single-page applications using frameworks such Vue.js, React or Angular to lead front-end component of our eCommerce replatforming initiative. Working in close collaboration with product managers, designers, backend engineers, data scientists and others, you will be responsible for laying the foundation for the presentation layer of the new platform and then building upon that foundation. You will also be an advocate for front-end coding standards and best practices and hold yourself and your peers accountable for following those standards.
What you’ll do:
- Own technical design and development of presentation layer components utilizing selected SPA framework (Vue.js, React or Angular).
- Help define technical roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs.
- Collaborate with peers within engineerings and other teams to deliver the best customer experience possible.
- Drive code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Implement unit tests as well as automated functional tests.
- Contribute to improving our continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with other engineers.
- Participate in designing new features while working with product and UX experts.
- Evangelize engineering best practices.
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Help to improve and enforce development and Agile delivery best practices.
What you'll bring (i.e., education, technical requirements, soft skills, etc. Be sure to include a minimum number of years required experience for basic requirements)
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Current or past working experience with PHP frameworks is a plus.
- Experience migrating from older front-end frameworks to newer SPA frameworks.
- Proficiency with TypeScript.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass.
- Experience with modern front-end tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, Babel, Jest, Jasmine, Protractor, and WebDriver.
- Experience architecting efficient and reusable front-end web components.
- Good understanding of how browsers and DOM work.
- Proficiency with browser developer tools.
- Proficiency with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency with the Unix command line interface.
- Solid understanding of web performance.
- Experience with web asset optimization and content delivery networks.
- Understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized computing.
- Ability to work independently, but to also collaborate with your peers in technology and other disciplines (creative, marketing, etc.) as needed.
- Full-stack development experience is a plus.