Relay is looking for a front-end developer to join our technology team. We’re using React, Redux, Ember, and TypeScript to create intuitive and real-time web apps. Our developers spend their time working on new features, maintaining the existing app, and performing code reviews. The right person will be comfortable collaborating with teammates at distance. This is a remote, full-time position with equity and benefits.
About Our Team
Our development team iterates fast while keeping an eye to stability and maintainability. We are a small team so we expect our developers to wear many hats. Our developers know how to balance improvement projects with delivering features, how to pay off tech debt while blazing forward, and how to use modern technology while keeping stability in mind.
• Write clean, readable, maintainable code with a focus on stability and usability to ensure our platform remains fast, bug-free, and intuitive.
• Work in close collaboration with other team members -- development, design, and support teams -- to propose, scope, and implement new features and application improvements.
• Collaborate with team members to refine application architecture, propose solutions, and perform code reviews.
Technologies We Use
React with Redux, TypeScript, Ember, Webpack & Babel, HTML5, CSS3, & SASS
Elixir (back-end), Amazon AWS, GitHub, CircleCI, Slack
While experience matters, we care just as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and shared commitment to progressive ideals, customer service, and a high standards workplace.
• Ability to use CSS to make websites look amazing on any device
• Experience with React and Redux
• Experience working on a remote team
• Nice-to-haves: TypeScript, Ember.js, Elixir, AWS
This is a remote position. Work from anywhere in U.S. time zones as long as you have good internet and the work gets done!
Relay provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We especially encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups to apply. We value diversity because we think a team with a wide range of experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. Further, our clients are leading advocates for equity and justice, and we want our team to reflect the communities we are working to support.