Who We Are
Cactus is an interdisciplinary design studio. We are focused on building new experiences, products, and services at the intersection of digital technology and physical architecture. The team structure is unique and versatile -- made up of architects, software developers, hardware specialists, strategists, designers, and makers. We work with visionary clients to imagine truly new-to-the-world concepts. But unlike a typical agency or consultancy, we then do the work to actually design, produce and launch that new idea into the real world. This means that we work across the entire lifecycle of a concept or product -- from strategy and design to implementation and execution, all the way through ongoing maintenance and support. Our work is spread across a range of industries (fitness, entertainment, retail, healthcare, etc.), but take pride in our ability to thrive in uncharted territories. Cactus' areas of expertise include user experience design, brand design and strategy, illustration and motion design, architectural design, software development, hardware development, and business development.
Who You Are
You are a creator. You are passionate about creating innovative and elegant experiences; evolving concepts into highly polished products.
You are a leader. You are clear and thoughtful in how you express your vision to team members. You have demonstrated expertise in mentoring junior team members to inspire a creative and productive culture.
You are a multi-tasker. You are able to move quickly and efficiently amongst multiple projects from concept to execution, under demanding deadlines.
You are a team player. You recognize the value of a truly collaborative setting where feedback and input are encouraged from all team members.
Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in Node.js
- Experience in launching and shipping web apps
- Experience in Data Visualization
- Proficiency of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficiency of ReactJS
- Proficiency of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficiency of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Be driven by innovation and creativity
- Attention to detail and passion for your craft
- Highly organized, impeccable attention to detail and demonstrated time management skills.
- A unique perspective and an open mind.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Enjoy shipping small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions
- Be unafraid to have your opinion changed
- Give and solicit feedback from others in order to continually raise our bar for quality
Cactus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We wholeheartedly support and encourage the diversity of thought, background, experience, and choice amongst all past, present, and future members of our team and community