The Web Foundation team here at Affirm builds and maintains the foundation for web-ux development across the company. The goal of the team is to build stable, sustainable, and reusable infrastructure, so that each product team can build, test, and deploy their web features more efficiently and effectively. We support web developers and designers from multiple teams by building the automated deployment framework, as well as the shared UI components library. We also keep raising the bar of our code base, explore the newest web technologies, and figure out best practices to utilize them in our own context.
We are looking for a motivated engineer to join us and help accomplish this mission. You will work with our experienced engineers to find out the best way to bring our current tech stack onto the next level. Given the speed that our code base is growing, your work will be highly impactful and challenging and will have an impact on the productivity of all the web-ux projects inside the company
What You'll Do
- Build, optimize, and scale the next generation of our automated build/test/deploy system
- Prototype new ideas and iterate towards the best developer experience
- Define and prioritize requirements from other engineering teams
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other frontend developers.
What We Look For
- Familiarity with web development cycles (e.g. package management, module bundling, unit, and integration testing, browser capabilities, etc.)
- Interested in infrastructural and foundation technologies
- Comfortable with cross-team, cross-functional collaboration
- Experience with deployment automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, AWS codepipeline, TravisCI, CircleCI, etc) and/or shell/bash script is a plus
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.