KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Trade your daily grind for a career that lets you show off your passion for travel. Join KAYAK to build the travel tools that our users dream of, and develop your own ideas during our Hack Weeks. Be the first to play with new and exciting travel features (while getting paid for it).
We are looking for smart, ambitious, and hardworking developers with a passion for learning and delivering. You will join the team in Cambridge that is responsible for developing compelling user experiences that are the face of KAYAK for millions of users every day. As a catalyst for complex projects and initiatives, you will work closely with other teams to develop innovative features and keep our product ahead of the competition. If you're an engineer who loves traveling and wants to be a part of a team of similarly skilled, driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you.
Please note, you will be required to be in the Cambridge, MA office at least 3 days a week.
In this role you will:
- Work on the product features that are used by millions of travelers around the world
- Drive technical solutions, lead all aspects of code quality and influence other developers
- Work closely with design and product teams, review and scope feature requests
- Apply innovative technical solutions for a large existing codebase
- Work with geographically distributed teams
Please apply if you have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience developing web applications
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math)
- Strong experience in building layouts using CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers
- Show good judgment in architecting software
- Use metrics to validate decision-making
- Own communication to key stakeholders on assigned projects
- Easily relate technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate leadership within direct & cross-functional teams
- Mentor and support other team members through code review, pair programming, and collaboration;
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.