We are on the search for a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer with a strong focus on React Native and TypeScript to join our team. In this remote role, you'll work closely with blockchain engineers, product owners, designers, and data engineers to design and develop our climate change-fighting technology platform. You will report directly to the Principal Software Engineer and should ideally be located within a 4-hour range of Central European Time—though we're flexible for the perfect fit.
AWS expertise is a significant advantage for this role, as our platform is built on modern, cloud-based technology stacks. We value open-source contributions and are particularly interested in candidates who share our passion for combating climate change through innovative technology.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Software development: Participate in the design, development, implementation, documentation and support of complex software systems.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other team members and departments, such as product owners, to meet the company's goals and client needs.
- Code review: Perform code reviews and provide critical suggestions for fixes and improvements.
- Problem solving: Develop solutions for client-centric problems by collaborating with product teams and understanding business requirements.
- Communication: Relay complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Mentorship: Support the development and learning of junior team members through sharing of knowledge and best practices.
- Innovation: Stay updated with relevant emerging technologies and incorporate this knowledge into your work.
- Hiring: Help with running interviews and assess technical tasks in order to make decisions about hiring teams.
- Ensuring quality in all aspects of engineering including solution design, code quality, testing quality, performance, monitoring, operations, etc.
- Research and development: Help in researching and piloting new technologies and techniques.
Skills and qualifications
- University degree or higher in computer science, a related field or equivelant professional experience.
- 3+ years software development experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced [ideally startup] environment.
- Extensive experience in software devlopment with demonstrated knowledge specifically in React Native (JS/TS).
Nice To Have:
- Expertise building APIs / Backends using NodeJS (JS/TS).
- Expertise in using AWS preferred, alternatively deep experience with GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of MongoDB, or other document stores, and relational databases such as Postgres.
- Familiarity with calling smart-contracts functions from the UI (web or mobile).
- A solid understanding of event-driven architectures, distributed systems, and parallel computing frameworks.
- A portfolio project to showcase.
The interview process will include the following:
- Interview with CTO
- Technical interview with senior engineers
- Take home case study assignment
- Review of case study discussion
- Final interview with other founders including CEO