Apply for this job
Wristcheck is a pioneering watch platform built on transparency and trust. We combine offline retail with cutting-edge tech and innovation to revolutionise the way people buy, sell, and learn about watches.
Launched in Hong Kong in 2020, we aspire to become the premier destination for watch commerce and culture. Our marketplace connects a worldwide community of collectors, whilst our editorial content shines light on everything you need to know about horology. Wherever you are in your collecting journey, we want to empower you to keep growing!
Wristcheck is backed by Gobi Partners GBA, a pan-Asian VC firm that manages the Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund (AEF), with participation from K3 Ventures.
About the Role:
As the Junior Software Engineer (Frontend) for Wristcheck you’ll be working cross-functionally with our Engineering team to build, develop, test and debug responsive web and mobile applications for our e-commerce marketplace (C2B2C and B2B) platform. From launching innovative solutions, driving efficiency through automation, and ensuring a secure and robust system, your work will form the backbone of our vision to revolutionize the watch industry. You’ll work in a fast growing, dynamic and international team. This role is based in Hong Kong and open to candidates with the right to live and work here. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply!
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting in the development of our web and mobile applications using React, Node.js and Typescript
- Writing well-crafted, well-tested, and maintainable code according to best practices
- Working with Lead developers and designers to ensure to design, develop and implement user interface components
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and resolving technical issues
- Maintaining and improving existing applications
- Participating in code reviews and ensuring that coding standards are followed
- Staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends in frontend development
- Being proactive in taking ownership of certain tasks and features as the opportunity arises
What you’ll bring:
- Degree holder in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline
- At least 1 year of frontend software development; fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Experience in React, Node.js and Typescript
- Understanding of web design principles and agile software development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to grow
What we offer:
- Ownership and responsibility from day one - have a real impact on the company's growth
- An open minded, transparent and people-first culture
- A true idea meritocracy where the best ideas win, regardless of who or where they come from
- Work with people who are passionate and love what they do everyday