Validus is looking for a talented engineer at a senior level to join our frontend development team. The frontend team is responsible for the design and development of our web applications implemented in React.
The frontend development team is part of the broader technology team working in collaboration with quants, backend and platform engineers. Our teams work together to grow our technology platform, Horizon. Horizon comprises multiple applications for trade execution, portfolio management and risk analysis for alternative asset managers in various domains, such as private equity, private debt and real estate.
What you will do:
- Deliver new features to a high standard with meaningful test coverage for Validus applications including the order management system and the risk management system.
- Work collaboratively with other teams on features spanning multiple parts of the stack.
- Mentor other engineers and provide thorough code reviews to deepen their technical expertise.
- Work with a third party to improve UI and UX across our product range to improve consistency.
- Participate in agile ceremonies, such as daily stand-ups, backlog refinement, estimation, and retrospectives.
- Challenge the current technology stack and explore new ways of doing things, such as state management or how we manage our API calls.
- Help lay the technical foundations of real-time communication between backend and frontend using WebSockets.
- Drive our adoption of Nx for a monorepo.
- Work on real-time data components, such as market data in graphs using HighCharts, to keep users up to-date with minimal effort.
- Use HandsOnTable to display large amounts of data, whilst improving performance to give the user an “excel” like feel within the browser.
- Strong TypeScript knowledge.
- Strong React knowledge.
- Experience with state management libraries, like Redux.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Experience with writing automated tests and testing frameworks like Jest and Playwright.
- Experience with designing clean APIs using architectural styles like REST and GraphQL.
- Ability to implement beautiful styles using CSS.
- Ability to take ownership of work independently.
- Good communication skills working in a cross-discipline environment
Working at Validus can offer an exciting opportunity for personal development and professional growth. Share in our mission to become the largest and most respected specialist provider of financial market risk services in the world. Our benefits include a Competitive remuneration package (Salary + Bonus), Company equity scheme, Private medical insurance ( including Dental, Optical and Mental Health provisions,) Travel insurance, Pension contributions, Regular social events, Free parking (Eton office only), Season ticket loans, 5 days of Learning and development per year, financial support towards professional qualifications and a Learning & Development Allowance.
Validus Risk Management is an independent technology-enabled advisory firm specialising in the management of FX, interest rate and other market risks. We work with institutional investors, fund managers and portfolio companies to design and implement strategies to measure, manage and monitor financial market risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology.
Validus is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.