We're a well-funded Tech scaleup in Europe and Asia with a mission to make the world fairer and more productive. We are doing this by making assets more transparent, trustworthy and accessible - starting with real estate. Incomes have stagnated, so more access to high value assets like real estate = less wealth inequality. We have first mover advantage!
Our CEO and co-founder Moubin was previously at McKinsey and private equity firm APAX, whilst our CTO and co-founder Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist who scaled the data team at Gojek, a Tech unicorn in Asia. Listen to a podcast of Moubin speaking with our investors QED about how we're disrupting asset ownership!
Our values sit at the core of GetGround - no BS, pursuit of excellence, feedback obsession and healthy ego.
GetGround in numbers:
- ????? 85 GetGrounders (ex Google, Meta, Deliveroo etc)
- ? £1Bn+ of assets being added onto our platform annually
- ? 15,000+ users across 70 countries, with a 10% market share already
- ? Global hubs (UK, Portugal, Hong Kong, Singapore)
Graduate Frontend Engineer | London (hybrid working 3 days per week in our new office in Hammersmith, with free breakfast daily and gym membership)
As an early career engineer, you will join one of our cross functional Tech squads based in our London office where you will work with product and design to create products that delight our users. This is an opportunity to join a well funded scale-up with a clear vision, purpose & mission.
Tech at GetGround is led by CTO and co-founder Misrab, a Stanford Computer Scientist and former VP Data at the Asian tech unicorn Gojek. We are also shortly welcoming Evgenios as VP Engineering, a former Engineering Director at Meta. The GetGround engineering team is split across 3 cross-functional Tech squads in London and Portugal. Take a listen to one of our Podcast episodes with Catarina (Golang Engineer) here and check out one of our Frontend Engineers' blog posts on Accessibility compliant Design System at GetGround.
Some of the things we feel passionately about:
- Technical rigour through collaborative, multi-disciplinary and thorough refinement processes. We want hackers and painters!
- Simple, clear and concise communication and documentation of technical ideas
- A challenger mindset - to implement new patterns and libraries including improving readability and efficiency
What you will do
- Own the user-facing web frontend codebase of the application, currently built in React with Redux
- Own the internal web frontend application
- Design and write clean documentation
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers (who work with Golang) to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Essential skills and experience you will have:
- STEM degree + at least internship experience as a Frontend (or Fullstack) engineer
- Some experience with React.js (and maybe some with Typescript and/or Redux)
- Some Unit testing, integration testing, or similar testing frameworks
- ? Competitive salary + stock options
- ? Private health + dental benefits
- ? Flexible/hybrid working (check details with your recruiter)
- ? 12 mental health days off annually (1 per month) PLUS holidays and public days off
- ? Mental health support - 24/7 access to mental health support, counselling, therapy & coaching through Spectrum.Life for all employees and their immediate family
- ? Team and company-wide events
- ? 360° performance reviews to promote a culture of growth and development
- ? Support for conferences and professional learning & development
[+ other localised benefits depending on your office location e.g. free breakfast ? daily and free gym ???? membership in London)
What we are building
The first end-to-end real estate investment offering - making the dream of owning real estate more accessible to everyone globally.
Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
We encourage applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law.
- 42% of our employees identify as female or non-specified, 58% as male
- 19 nationalities represented across offices in 5 countries
- Our work on Design Accessibility
- Inclusion is at the heart of our culture - we celebrate and reflect on key D&I and cultural events such as: Black History Month, International Women's Day and Pride