We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, truly collaborative way of working, and the values we strive to live up to every day. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
In this role, you will be working on products such as:
- Our story content management system that enables writers, editors, designers and other team members to create the delightful weekly content updates that our users love,
- Customer care tools enabling our agents to quickly solve user problems,
- A live operations management platform that enables product managers to operate our games at scale and deliver the very best experience possible to each individual player
- Develop new features for our tools to empower our internal customers to develop and operate their games more efficiently,
- Develop reusable libraries for use within the WebApp squad’s projects to enable us to deliver more value to our users,
- Participate in technical discussions within the team regarding architecture, UX and best practices,
- Work closely with our data engineering and backend teams to develop APIs and tools for use by game team members.
- You are familiar with the latest React best practices (including hooks).
- You love to share knowledge and believe that collaboration is better for individual achievement.
- You can translate complex product requirements into maintainable technical solutions.
- You are passionate about the user experience, creating intuitive and efficient workflows to solve complex problems.
Nice to Have
- Experience with serverless web app applications
- Experience with AWS services such as Amplify CLI, AppSync GraphQL, DynamoDB, Cognito and S3
- Passion for games.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!