At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. For us, that means ensuring our guests have the peace of mind, flexibility & confidence they need to explore life’s latest adventure.
We’ve grown a lot since our founding in 2013, having raised more than $258m+ in funding, to date -- and that’s just the beginning. We’re now hosting guests in more than 11,000 homes in 30 cities around the world (and growing!), with an aim to hit 50 cities by 2025.
Our vision comes to life through our ways of working. For our 1,100+ member team located across 16 countries, we’ve created a culture of collaboration, inclusiveness, and opportunity.
We believe our people should have the power to choose their preferred way to work. Depending on the role’s requirements, team members can choose to work full time in one of our offices, work fully remote, or choose a hybrid model between the two.
We are driven by our core values. To our team, Time is our most important resource. Excellence isn’t simply a standard, but an exciting way to look at life. We Care deeply about our guests and colleagues. Our relationships are built around Transparency, which builds trust and improves communication.
We’re shaping the future of living, and we want you to be part of that journey.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Frontend to join our Engineering team. The person in this role will work on designing and implementing complex user interfaces for our web-based applications. . They will do so with a well-established development methodology, solid engineering practices, and challenging requirements.
- Vue.js, React.js, also used in a Micro-frontends architecture
- JS ES2015+, Typescript
- CSS 3/4, SCSS, PostCSS, Styled components
- Webpack v5, Rush.js
- Service workers
- Node.js v18+ (Express, Fastify, Koa)
- Jest, Cypress.io
- REST, GraphQL, Web sockets
- RabbitMQ, Kafka
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- On AWS infrastructure (S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambdas)
What you'll do:
- Architect, design and build product features on Blueground’s web apps
- Deliver rich, responsive, mobile first experiences on the browser
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Code in Vue.js & React.js
- Write your unit tests
- Write your e2e tests
- Sometimes write your HTML & CSS
- Automate stuff
- Depend on a CI pipeline
- Experiment and create rapid prototypes
What to expect:
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams
- To work with a product designer, a product owner and an engineer in test
- To work on functional and non functional testing
- To work on performance and SEO
- To move beyond frameworks and take advantage of modern browser tech
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- A rapidly growing company
- Cool colleagues :)
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of full-time industry experience working with web technologies
- Strong web fundamentals and solid understanding of the ecosystem in 2023
- Very good grasp of HTML & CSS
- Experience with modern JS frameworks & tooling (React, Vue, Webpack, DevTools etc)
- An eye for good UX
- Core Web APIs like DOM, Storage, Fetch etc should not be strange to you
- Really comfortable with Git
- Excellent communication in English
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Bonus: experience doing fullstack development on Node.js
- Bonus: knowing your way around *nix shell
- Bonus: experience in software testing
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Flexible work environment through our Blueground Nomads employee mobility program
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.