Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling strives to be an end-to-end solution for our customers. To do that, Benchling needs to be accessible to a scientist regardless of where they are or what they’re doing. The work scientists do is not constrained to a desk. They’re physically walking to freezers or buildings to pick up biological material or walking through a lab, a greenhouse, or a field recording observations. Work like this isn’t well suited to desktops or laptops on a cart. We want to give scientists the ability to leverage Benchling in the palm of their hands, and to do that we need your help to build a native mobile application that helps scientists perform their work efficiently and comfortably.
As a Mobile Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for building best in class mobile platform & infrastructure from the ground up at Benchling. You will be working on designing and developing mobile apps while integrating with the rest of the Benchling platform & back-end services solving important enterprise customer R&D needs in various life sciences verticals. We are looking for strong mobile engineers with experience working on iOS & Android platforms using React Native as part of building a new team.
- Design a new mobile platform architecture from the ground up that is modular, scalable and extensible
- Collaborate with enterprise customers on mobile-first use cases while integrating with the rest of Benchling platform and back-end services
- Define and build a test framework to validate the mobile functionality
- Define and build the mobile application release framework
- Define, measure, analyze and build the framework for mobile KPIs
- Collaborate with technical peers, product, design, and other cross-functional teams
- Have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer building mobile applications published to the app store (iOS or Android)
- Have experience working with React Native in production environment
- Have experience with Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, React Native, or other mobile frameworks
- Have experience delivering mobile apps through the full software development lifecycle from working with product/design, evaluating technical requirements to delivery and testing
- Familiarity with Detox as a testing framework is a plus.
- Feels comfortable in working across the stack with from Mobile to Backend (preferably python)
- Have cloud-based development experience with AWS or equivalent
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is:
ZONE 1: $157,250 - $212,750
ZONE 2: $146,285 - $197,915
To help you determine which zone applies to your location, please see this resource. If you have questions regarding a specific location's zone designation, please contact a recruiter for additional information.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous and flexible vacation
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.