Senior React Native Engineer
Who We Are
In 2021, Poatek was acquired by WillowTree, an award-winning digital product consultancy recognized as one of the fastest growing and best places to work in the United States. Now a TELUS International company, with offices across the globe, we continue to partner with the world’s leading brands, such as the NBA, Capital One, HBO, PepsiCo, Domino’s and more, to design, build, and transform their digital products and strategies. We’re looking to grow our Poatek offices in Brazil with top talent excited to collaborate with team members across the globe to deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
Location and Flexibility
This is a hybrid role, which we’ve termed Work from Near (WFN). This model requires the ability to work on-site from our São Paulo - SP or Porto - RS office throughout the week based on team needs, while still providing the flexibility to work remotely on other days. Our WFN culture is designed to foster in-person innovation, collaboration, and connection with team members local and visiting from other global offices.
As a Senior React Native Developer at Poatek, you’ll have the opportunity to impact teammates throughout various stages of their careers. Utilizing React Native is a brand new practice for Poatek and therefore you will be able to help steer the direction of our company and future client relationships based on your experience. You’ll have clear oversight of how engineering runs day-to-day and will influence project outcomes.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Have professional programming experience— we’re thinking at least 8-10 years
- Confidently deliver high-quality software by applying critical thinking to products, requirements, and processes
- Work closely with clients to influence technical product decisions and business goals
- You’ll stay up to date with the landscape of software engineering best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Understanding of various software architectures and can adapt/compose solutions to unique problems with sustainable and reusable solutions
- Help mentor and coach a project team towards shared goals and outcomes
- Navigate difficult conversations by providing constructive feedback to teams and clients
- You’ll identify obstacles to ensure quality, improve our user experience and how we build software
- Self-aware of limitations, yet curious to learn new solutions while being receptive to constructive feedback from teammates
- You’ll guide your team to understand and work through changing priorities by bringing positive energy
- Communicate and simplify complex problems in order to foster understanding across multidisciplinary teams
- Apply your knowledge and findings at an organizational scale
- Experience using: Vue.js, Node.js, Next.js, HTML, CSS, and writing Unit tests
- Comfortable working with Android and iOS SDKs
- Experience with developing Hybrid applications and PWAs
- Able to evaluate and articulate which framework to use for a particular project
- Can articulate how users perceive performance and how to optimize their needs
- Understanding of the pros and cons of server-side and client-side rendering
- Experience as a technical leader to a team of web developers that have built and delivered a large web application
- Owned and led the delivery of major features and components
- Experience working/communicating with clients and stakeholders while being empathetic to their needs
- You have a desire to contribute sound recommendations on technical architecture and design to your teammates and our clients in a compelling and energetic way
- You have formal or informal leadership/mentorship experience
- Proficiency using, modifying, and creating development tools that foster efficiency and improve processes
- You consider 'big picture' perspectives and can successfully balance business goals and technical constraints
- You're just as passionate about Accessibility & Usability as we are
- Expertise with advanced automation tools (e.g. virtualization, machine learning-based testing, massive parallelization)
- Basic understanding of how to design RESTful APIs that are optimized for responsive, interactive mobile experiences
- Appreciation for inclusive responsive UI implementation
- You've learned about Web Components and want to use them at work
- You’ve conducted interviews and have hired for your team
- A list of emerging technologies we’re interested in: Big Data, Machine Learning, Voice, AR/VR, Security Background, and IoT
- You have code samples or a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
What We Offer:
- Be part of an innovative consultancy with a human-centered and culture with opportunities for ownership and professional growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package (annual bonus)
- Opportunity to work on innovative agile projects with other high-performing, passionate team members from all over the globe (international travel opportunities)
- Collaborative work environment that encourages continuous learning and professional development (including English classes, support in national and international courses,
- Flexible work hours and autonomy
- Voucher for health activities, food allowance, in-office snacks, drinks, and games
If you love IT as much as we do, we look forward to meeting you!
Equality is a principle here at Poatek. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Therefore we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
We will only use the information you provide to process your application and to produce tracking statistics. Since we do not request personal data deemed sensitive, we ask you to abstain from sharing those information with us.