Apply for this job
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
About the role:
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will build reliable, metrics-driven mobile applications using native and react native development standards. You will work closely together with the product and operations team to develop features, architect and design systems and ship products to our users, partners and internal stakeholders.
This role will be based in the EU.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to provide the best transportation experience possible
- Contribute to new architecture designs to fit Kyte’s growing marketplace challenges (universal app, etc.)
- Identify, discuss, document and communicate technical improvements within your area of responsibility
- Support, improve and reinforce Mobile/Engineering standards and guidelines
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Operations, Finance, and other teams as applicable
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Minimum 5+ years of software engineering experience with significant experience in React Native and/or iOS/Android native development
- Strong experience in mobile application performance: profiling, monitoring, and metrics collection
- Advanced knowledge of React Native and Typescript
- Demonstrable experience with mobile programming languages such as Swift, Objective-C, and/or Kotlin
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent technical experience
- Experience working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Advanced expertise with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Ownership: You are a self-starter and are satisfied by owning large chunks of the product roadmap
- Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
- Knowledge of release management and tooling
- Skilled at developing in monorepos
- Experience working with NodeJS applications
- Experience building and maintaining a design system
How we work:
- Our Engineering teams work with weekly Scrum sprints
- Our Backend is written with Python using Flask and PostgreSQL
- Our Frontend is written with Typescript using React and React Native
- We have the mindset "you built it, you run it"
- We ship code to production (AWS) several times per day using Gitlab CI/CD
Perks and benefits
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (Individuals 100% Covered, Dependents 80% Covered)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• $200 Monthly Commuter Benefit
• $75 Monthly Flexible Wellness Benefit
• Annual WFH Stipend (Remote Employees)
• Annual Learning and Development Budget
• Paid Github Copilot license
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Kyte, we're building an inclusive, diverse, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about our vision/mission and this role caught your eye - we encourage you to apply! Don't worry if your previous experience doesn't match perfectly, you may be the right candidate for this role, or even another role at Kyte!