Viable Data is an innovative technology, data and UX consultancy, delivering excellence through our projects and providing our people with a supportive culture and opportunities for growth and continuous learning.
We thrive on the challenge of working across different projects, user needs, and technologies and our teams and people?live?this every day. Our people-first approach and culture are central to our growing success as a consultancy.
We are an all-inclusive equal opportunities employer and proudly celebrate diversity. If you thrive on challenge, have a passion to learn and make a difference, and enjoy being part of a growing multidisciplinary team, look no further and start your Viable career, now.
This role is largely remote with occasional business essential travel.
As a Senior React Developer at Viable Data, you will have the opportunity to work on existing and greenfield projects which comprise mainly of bulding webapps and connecting various APIs to send, receive and dsplay data.
You will be someone who can adapt quickly and easily to the flexible needs of our Central Government customers. You will join one of our high-performing consulting teams where you will play a pivotal role in designing & delivering exceptional digital products and services that directly contribute to the delivery of UK policy, economic growth, and security.
There is opportunity for you to learn other languages, frameworks and technologies and also gain exposure to Back End development should you want to develop your skills into full stack. You’ll have the full support of your Squad as well as the wider Development team to create and maintain the best possible code.
Due to the nature of work, you must be willing to undergo and be capable of achieving SC clearance and be a UK resident.
- Write clean, well-structured, maintainable code with appropriate test and documentation ensuring that business requirements are met,
- Collaborate with BA's, UX's, and other team members to analyse and review application functional designs,
- Adhere to coding standards, participate in code reviews, and follow best practices where appropriate,
- Refactor existing code where optimisation is deemed necessary,
- Communicate progress whilst attending stand-up meetings and perform regular updates to assigned issues and stories in Jira to support management teams’ tracking of progress
Skills and experience needed
- Extensive industry front end development and solution design experience
- Champion Testing with a focus on User outcomes.
- Team player with strong collaborative and communications skills
- Familiariaty in using a design system
- Understanding of Coding for Accessiblility
As well as providing a great place to work that has an amazing culture and the opportunity to work on excellent projects where you will really make a difference, we have a whole host of additional employee benefits. Our benefits package includes:
- Salary up to 80K
- 25 days leave
- 5 days dedicated training allowance, with individual budget
- Mentoring system, with 6-month review cycles
- Flexible hours and supportive of remote working
- Company Pension Scheme
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Choice of company laptop (MacBook or Windows)