Apply for this job
Hearsay is building our team in Mexico City and we're looking for a talented Frontend Software Engineer to join our team! Our goal is to offer users a robust experience, and we do this through tooling, automation, and advocacy. We work on features alongside other teams to provide them example architectures and support for their applications. This is a distributed team, so being comfortable collaborating in a remote environment is important.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 225,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including BlackRock, Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley and New York Life—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents compliantly scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Collaboration with engineering, product management, and design teams to build secure, performant, and scalable features for our web products
- Regular communications with engineers outside of your direct team on projects throughout the company
- Helping to implement and maintain tooling that constantly elevates Hearsay’s accessibility, and ease of frontend development
- Writing easy-to-understand documentation for tools used by other teams
- Meeting regularly (virtually) with your direct team to collaborate on solutions and learn from each other
- Building tooling and examples for effective software testing
- Opportunity to travel a few times a year to meet with your coworkers in various locations around North America
- 2+ years of experience with modern frameworks (e.g. React, Vue) and testing frameworks (e.g. Jest, Selenium, Playwright)
- Experience writing CSS / Sass stylesheets
- A strong interest in how things work
- The willingness to explore and learn new technologies and solutions
- Confidence when it comes to sharing your opinion and knowledge in group settings and the interest in participating in healthy debate
- Heavy interest in client side application infrastructure and architecture
- An understanding of of the importance of documentation and testing when building heavily-consumed tools
- A willingness to work outside of established frontend conventions
What your typical day might look like:
- Building and maintaining our existing product offerings, primarily in React
- Contributing to community resources such as our design system to maintain UI standards, functionality, and accessibility
- Update legacy systems to more modern technologies
- Speeding up our sites with better server-side caching, service worker caching, more server-side rendering, better build tools
- Be an active member in our frontend community by sharing knowledge, reviewing code, mentoring more junior developers and documenting important findings
- Finding ways to enhance our site and products
- Help us define our direction with process, technology and tooling improvements
- Building stronger test coverage so we spend less time and resources on product support
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.