Apply for this job
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
The mission of the Outreach Extensibility team is to enable 3rd party developers to create solutions that enrich the Outreach client and platform. This means creating and owning public facing tools, APIs and frameworks for developers to create apps with, developing solutions for embedding Outreach experiences into other web apps as well as creating and supporting Outreach Developer portal.
Here you will work shoulder to shoulder with world-class frontend experts - humble, passionate, extremely knowledgeable and always ready to help you take your skills to the next level. Your manager and your manager’s manager and their managers all the way up are great engineers just like you. Imagine that!
We are looking for an experienced front end or full-stack engineer who can deep-dive on challenging technical problems, build scalable solutions and identify performance bottlenecks, iterate quickly and deliver incremental value, and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Hundreds of frontend engineers contribute to our vast code base - hundreds of thousands of lines of high quality code. You will probably never read all of it, but there is no need! Our code organization makes it cozy and approachable as if you were working on a greenfield project. Each team is owning a dedicated portion of it and is reviewing contributions from other teams. And when we say own - we mean own end-to-end! From architecture and design all the way up to deployment and monitoring.
While we are remote-friendly, we remain an "office-centric" company.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Building applications in a modern web stack. Our apps are built with 100% TypeScript using modern React. We fetch data with GraphQL through Apollo client. We developed our UI kits based on Material UI. We have a full CI/CD process - your code goes into production in 4 hours or less! To make sure it’s safe and fun to roll at this speed, we’ve developed tons of automation, from type generation, linting and integration tests to automatic deployment stages, stable e2e tests and real-time production monitoring. Our backend runs on Ruby on Rails while we transition to services written in Go, Node and Elixir. We have data stores built on Redis, MySQL, and S3
- Work in a dedicated team committed to make Outreach ubiquitously extensible by anyone who can code
- Design and develop public facing APIs, libraries and product extension points
- Create solid tooling for third party developers to have fun and be successful with our unique platform
- Identifying the critical details and prioritize incremental delivery
- Designing and delivering great solutions
- Communicating and helping your teammates
- Responding to changing requirements efficiently and responsibly
- Helping us build customer trust by keeping the quality bar high and delivering well tested code
- Owning features all the way through
Our Vision of You
- Solid experience with building modern web applications
- Undying desire to create and invent
- Great communications skills
- Experience building and consuming web based APIs
- Familiar with continuous deployment environments
- Go above and beyond to help your team
- Embody our core values: we are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Why You’ll Love It Here
? Highly competitive salary
? Amazing working space with a running track on its roof
? Flexible time off, 5 weeks of vacation, and 5 annual sick days
? 4% employer supplemental pension monthly contribution
? Private medical care for employee and spouse with Program Health Plus
? Life insurance at 2x annual salary
? 5.000 CZK monthly allowance for meal vouchers, flexipasses and other personal expenses
? 16 weeks of annual top up maternity leave pay or 8 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
? Opportunity to be part of company success via the RSU program
? Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
? Relocation package - support offered for foreign future employees and their families relocating to Prague
? Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
? Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
? Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work