Apply for this job
We just opened our new development hub in Lisbon, Portugal, and we’re looking for a React Native Engineer to join the Mobile App team. This team focuses on evolving our mobile app that enables merchants to manage their payments in a consistent and localised user experience, at all times.
At the moment, the Mobile App team is closest to our end-users: the employees of the 130,000 businesses that Mollie processes payments for. The team is responsible for our iOS & Android apps, which are being used by tens of thousands of users on a daily basis (and we expect this to double over the next year).
The team is 100% data-driven and has ambitious KPIs to ensure we’re focusing on the right things. We work in an agile environment, where everyone gets a lot of autonomy, as long as it adds value to the products that users love to use. Mollie is currently going through a phase of hyper-growth, which comes with many opportunities for your personal growth. Join us and be part of a great journey.
We’re looking for people who enjoy solving complex challenges while keeping the user experience in mind at all times.
Our mobile app is based on React Native (powered by the Expo framework) and is fully written in TypeScript. The app communicates with our backend through a large set of private APIs (shared between our mobile app and the Mollie Dashboard) and we have plans to fully separate these APIs from our main platform by utilizing a backend-for-frontend (BFF) architecture.
While most of our screens are written using React (Native), for some features, we communicate with the native layers using actual native modules (Swift / Kotlin).
What you'll be doing
- Although Mollie already had a mobile app for a few years already, the current product offering is covering a few basic user needs. With Mollie becoming their preferred financial services provider, we want to enable our merchants to manage their business on the go in the app.
- As a React Native Engineer in the team, you will be responsible for building next-level (native) features and improving existing features.
- You will be working closely with our UX designers, backend engineers, product managers, and other React Native Engineers to make sure that we always deliver the best user experience while staying as independent as possible from other teams. By working in a multidisciplinary team, we have very few dependencies and it allows us to move faster at all times.
- We believe in end-to-end ownership. As such, you will be expected to release new features yourself using our Gitlab pipelines.
What you have
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in developing complex React (Native) applications.
- The drive to make our product available to everyone by applying accessibility standards.
- A knack for creating intuitive user experiences. You love working closely with UX designers with the goal to build the best app out there.
- You know how to pinpoint performance issues, and bring suggestions to the team on how to improve the performance of our frontend apps.
- Experience with test-driven development and end-to-end testing React Native applications. We use Browserstack Live Automate for end-to-end testing.
Nice to have
- Experience with Kotlin, Java, Objective-C, or Swift is a big advantage.
- Knowledge of either iOS or Android Experience publishing apps to the App Store / Google Play Store (using Fastlane is an advantage( – at Mollie, we give the teams the autonomy to ship features to production.
- Experience with design systems and/or internally developed component libraries.
- You’re familiar with Redux, Redux Sagas, and styled-components (in React Native environments).
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype. During the interview phase, we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.
The interview phase may include a technical assignment to test your technical merits.
Because of the current circumstances, we will interview you completely remotely. However, as soon as possible, you will start working at our office in the heart of Lisbon.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie…Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most payment services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.