Want to be treated with fairness, respect, and trust by a leadership team that values its people? We are Modulous, and we're building the workplace of today and of the future.
We’ve created a scalable technology platform that enables the rapid design, manufacture, and delivery of sustainable homes to address the global housing crisis while reducing the climate impact of construction. 2023 is a momentous year for us, as we are bringing our first software product to market.
Join our team as a skilled Front-End Engineer and become a driving force behind the development of TESSA, our cutting-edge web-application that leverages the power of ReactJS and related technologies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to showcase your expertise in ReactJS, while also gaining exposure to state-of-the-art front-end frameworks and libraries, enabling you to create exceptional, responsive, and accessible web applications.
We are seeking someone who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, where adaptability, continuous learning, and personal growth are key components of success. By joining our team, you will be immersed in a collaborative and innovative atmosphere, where challenges are embraced, and your contributions will have a significant impact.
- Develop and maintain our proprietary web applications (TESSA.ai) using ReactJS with Typescript and related technologies.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable code that follows best practices and design system.
- Ensure the performance, scalability, and reliability of our web applications.
- Conduct code reviews, provide feedback, and help improve the quality of our codebase.
- Work closely with the back-end team to integrate front-end components with the server-side API.
- Participate in agile development processes, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development for complex applications
- At least 1 year of commercial experience using React and Typescript
- Strong knowledge of functional components, hooks and context API
- Practical experience consuming REST APIs.
- Experience building responsive and accessible web applications.
- Understanding of software engineering principles, including design systems, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience of GIT / Source control in a collaborative environment
- Practical experience of agile development methodologies
- Strong debugging skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with 3D/vector math or architectural applications
- Server-Side Rendering knowledge is a plus.
- Node.js and SQL knowledge is a plus.
- User-focused experience development
- Debugging environment proficiency
- Autonomous behaviour
We want our team members to love their work while maintaining balance in their lives, so we have a team dedicated to our people and their performance.
We focus on providing a supportive culture, scope for personal development, a generous holiday allowance and plenty of social events.
With flexible working and wellbeing built into the working week, we are committed to helping our team thrive.
Our package includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Cover
- A generous Leave Package
- Flexible Working
- Sponsored Training & Development
- Cycle Scheme
- Wellbeing benefit
Modulous are committed to growing and sustaining a work environment that is both representative and inclusive of the communities we live and work within. We actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented and celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
We will only assess you on your abilities and fit for the role, please do get in touch if you would like to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during the recruitment process.
All applicants must have Right to Work in the U.K.