Apply for this job
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The charter of the UX Frameworks team is to develop the core building blocks that make up the various Hinge Health Web user interfaces. As a Design Systems Engineer, you will work closely with Designers to craft beautiful and consistent experiences that delight our users. You will be responsible for creating reusable components. You should be an advocate for the platforms' native practices, accessibility, usability and set the quality bar very high.
The ideal candidate has had experience turning Design System Guidelines into reusable UI components for Engineering and has maintained said components over time. You are fascinated by UI development and are driven by creating visually delightful user experiences. You can collaborate equally well with Designers and Engineers. You possess strong critical thinking and communication skills.
Hinge Health Frontend Engineers contribute to their team’s success by adding beautiful, useful features to Hinge Health applications. Staff Frontend Software Engineers design and implement end-to-end solutions for large-scale features, profile app performance to prevent feature bloat or battery drain, and help maintain a high bar with thoughtful and constructive code reviews. Staff software engineers collaborate with teammates to tackle the hardest features in a sprint and deliver foundational architecture improvements in small, safe patches. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
Our tech stack:
ReactNative, React, Typescript, AWS, GraphQL, Postgres, Redis, and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Owning the development of UI component library
- Collaborating with other UI Engineers in establishing best practices for component development
- Create documentation and guidance to facilitate library adoption by other teams
- Solve cross-platform design problems at scale in collaboration with Design partners
- Actively participate in code and design reviews.
- Mentor and guide engineers across various teams
- Every day, you’ll work collaboratively with your teammates and cross-pod neighbors to support our mission.
- Every sprint, you’ll share your domain expertise with your teammates and others in the organization.
- Every month, you’ll tackle your team’s hardest problems.
- Collaboratively roadmaps large tracks of work with reliable estimates that impact your teams.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with frontend.
- Delivery: Ability to break big projects into small, testable pieces to consistently hit business-meaningful milestones.
- Domain expertise: Fluent with technologies such as ReactNative, React, Typescript and techniques to elegantly solve hard problems.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Design Systems/Component Libraries
- Able to actively participate in the UI problem solving process and share your previous experiences with best practices and patterns
- General knowledge of UX trends
- Always have the experience of the end user in mind
- Passion for working on common design systems and UI components
- A critical eye for design
- Problem Solving: Breaks down large scale projects into loosely coupled subsystems or strategically sequenced milestones. Designs cost-effective solutions, innovates with rapid spikes, avoids “penny wise, pound foolish” trade offs.
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Leadership: Able to propose major code or best practice upgrades, lead healthy discussions that improve the proposal, and lead adoption from the front. Works within compliance guidelines, represents HH engineering in conferences & meetups, makes long-term architecture decision
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.