Apply for this job
Meet Calven! Our technology platform has been in market for over a year and we are here to make the future of work, work for everyone (just ask our friends at Canva). The world has changed rapidly - as individuals, our expectations for when, where, and how we want to work have changed and we are here to optimise that experience for everyone. After all, don’t we all desire more flexibility, work-life balance, and a great employee experience, no matter where we’re working? With experience at its heart, Calven’s unifying platform evolves as our customers' and users' needs evolve. Our mission is simple;
- to make hybrid work (we’re making it easier for everyone)
- to amplify employee experience (no matter where or when we work)
- to optimise the office (for when we do come in)
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join us as a crucial member of our engineering team, playing a key role in navigating the technical and product direction through an emerging hybrid work landscape.
You will work predominantly as a Frontend Engineer with React and Redux, working in a small cross-functional feature team. You will be responsible for shipping high-quality web experiences by both leveraging existing design patterns and designing and implementing new patterns. There will also be opportunities to contribute to backend services or mobile clients.
This is a flexible full-time hybrid role, open to candidates based in the Greater Sydney area with full working rights. Our office is centrally located in George Place, where we meet up regularly to collaborate and build social connections.
OUR TECH STACK
Calven prides itself on using a modern technology stack that helps us move quickly and develop efficient, scalable product experiences. The technology and tooling we use today include:
- NodeJS + Typescript services deployed using a serverless architecture to Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- GCP Services e.g. Cloud Run, Firestore, BigQuery managed through Terraform
- React + Typescript web apps
- Flutter mobile clients
- Develop frontend web applications including new user-facing features and experiences
- Build reusable code and maintain and update existing code for future use
- Assist with the creation and development of product feature requirements
- Work with back-end developers to integrate UI components with APIs and databases
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO HAVE
- 6-8+ years of Frontend software development experience within an agile team
- Familiarity with ES6 features preferred
- Recent experience with Material UI or similar CSS
- Experience with public cloud offerings (eg Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
- Understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code
- Understanding of typical web application and microservices design patterns
- Knowledge of open-source libraries, tools and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, and building)
- Previous experience working on consumer products or enterprise SaaS businesses
- Appreciation for everything that comes with working in a startup at our stage
WITHIN A MONTH, YOU WILL
- Complete your Calven Onboarding Program, meet other Calveneers from around the world and learn the nuts and bolts of what we’re doing, including our journey and where we’re headed
- Dive into Calven’s tech stack and get immersed in building up product capabilities, and new features and fixing bugs
- Have code deployed to production, tackle your first complex tasks and collaborate with the team building new features for Calven
YOUR CAREER AS A CALVENEER
You’ll be working with a great bunch of humans who are truly product and customer-obsessed. You’ll be joining a global team at the leading edge of hybrid work technology. We work hard, we care a lot about what we do and we’re constantly learning and innovating to deliver the best solutions for our customers. From day one, there are plenty of opportunities to share your ideas, develop your skills, collaborate with the team and make a real impact. We believe that the diverse contributions of our team drive the work we do and the success we achieve.
At Calven you can expect:
- A personalised onboarding program that ensures you are set up for success from day one
- A supportive, collaborative, inclusive team culture that values your contributions and values your input (teamwork makes the dream work)
- A competitive and equitable compensation package, that includes flexible working options with access to our modern Sydney office, ESOP and technology allowance
- Our employee benefits include learning and development opportunities, reward and recognition incentives, generous leave with extra days for birthdays, volunteer and wellbeing leave, novated leasing, corporate health discounts, 6 EAP sessions per year, ongoing mental health support, health & wellness initiatives, team lunches and events, gym discounts, flu shots, in-office snack supplies, fully stocked fridges, and much more
OUR STORY SO FAR
Calven is a B2B SaaS platform tech startup with teams in the US, Australia, and Europe and a central HQ based in Sydney CBD. Being born remote, our teams are hybrid, remote and office based and we use Calven technology to stay connected and productive.
With funding secured from VC and strategic investors, our platform is built on years of technology, real estate, and HR expertise. We’re a diverse team of talented and ambitious change-makers on a mission to shape the future of work for companies everywhere.
Curious to learn more? Hear from our founders on how Calven is helping unlock hybrid work to deliver amazing employee and workplace experiences.
We hire with inclusivity in mind to help eliminate any hiring bias. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
We value who you are and your skills and experience over formal qualifications. Not sure if you tick every box? No worries! If you love what we stand for and believe you can help us on our mission to make the future of work, work for everyone then we encourage you to apply. We value your time in considering Calven and we take the time to review every application received for every one of our roles.
Calven is proudly a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
NOT THE ROLE YOU’RE LOOKING FOR?
Want to work with us? We're always interested to hear from passionate people so if you can’t find your dream role why not drop us a line anyway? You might just be our next Calveneer!