This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in Mexico.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
Quick apply by emailing your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Varis is hiring Senior and Lead Front-End Software Engineers to our growing team to work remotely from anywhere in Mexico.
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will be an integral team member of our innovative Product & Technology organization, contributing greatly to this pivotal transformation in the B2B space.
The role of a Front-End Software Engineer is to design, build and maintain high-quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the team of lead developers, product owners, technical program managers, and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs As a front-end developer in the digital organization, you will be creating Varis’ next generation of technology leveraging the full-stack of Public Cloud services, building and running micro-front ends in a containerized / Kubernetes environment.
- Create new features or parts of internal and user-facing applications, with the end-user in mind, providing the best customer experience
- Develop components and libraries that are reusable and future-proof
- Confident in using UI/UX designs or wireframes to create the respective code and the application for multiple browsers
- Uses knowledge of React.js and its lifecycle to maximize components' performance across different devices and browsers
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Varis team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS/SCSS, and ability to create responsive UIs
- Hands-on experience and a solid understanding of React.js and its fundamentals: o Hooks
- State managers like Redux
- Modern ECMAScript
- RESTful APIs
- Overall browser rendering behavior and measuring and optimizing performance o Building front-ends for multiple browsers and their limitations
- Strong hands-on experience with source code management system Git
- Experience in an agile work environment
- Hands-on experience with Unit Testing tools like Jest, Enzyme, mocha, and Chai
Nice to Have
- eCommerce experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of StoryBookJS is a plus
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Strong communicator
Job ID: 10047
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% remote work in Mexico
- Christmas bonus
- Vacation and personal days
- Vacation bonus
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Telework allowance
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.