React Native Engineer
São Paulo-SP, Brazil or Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil
Who We Are
In 2021, Poatek was acquired by WillowTree, an award-winning digital product consultancy recognized as one of the fastest growing and best places to work in the United States. Now a TELUS International company, with offices across the globe, we continue to partner with the world’s leading brands, such as the NBA, Capital One, HBO, PepsiCo, Domino’s and more, to design, build, and transform their digital products and strategies. We’re looking to grow our Poatek offices in Brazil with top talent excited to collaborate with team members across the globe to deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
Location and Flexibility
This is a hybrid role, which we’ve termed Work from Near (WFN). You’ll work on-site from either our São Paulo or Porto Alegre office at least three days a week and have the flexibility to work remotely for two days a week. Our WFN culture is designed to foster in-person innovation, collaboration, and connection with team members local and visiting from other global offices.
As a React Native Developer at Poatek, you’ll have the opportunity to impact teammates throughout various stages of their careers. Utilizing React Native is a new and exciting practice for Poatek and therefore you will be able to help steer the direction of our company and future client relationships based on your experience. You’ll have clear oversight of how engineering runs day-to-day and will influence project outcomes.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and our clients to work through requirements and solve problems to build great software
- Demonstrate software development fundamentals with an eye for design and architecture
- Explore and advocate for Software Engineering best practices
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Self-aware of limitations, yet curious to learn new solutions and receptive to constructive feedback from teammates
- Thoughtful about communication with others, celebrating differences and unique contributions
- Take ownership of your work by meeting deadlines, anticipating delays, and raising issues appropriately
- Assists in the implementation of basic logging and error handling with some help.
- Driven by curiosity and enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Have professional programming experience — we’re thinking 1–2 years
- Exposure to: Vue.js, Node.js, Next.js, HTML, CSS, and writing Unit tests
- Experience with developing Hybrid applications and PWAs
- Seeks feedback to understand how the code written can best reflect the project's existing UX/UI, testing, and architecture design patterns.
- You're just as passionate about Accessibility & Usability as we are
- Appreciation for inclusive responsive UI implementation
- You've learned about Web Components and want to use them at work
- Ability to write unit tests that demonstrate code is working as designed and writes secure code that is updated when new vulnerabilities are found.
- A list of emerging technologies we’re interested in: Big Data, Machine Learning, Voice, AR/VR, Security Background, and IoT
What We Offer:
- Be part of an innovative consultancy with a human-centered and culture with opportunities for ownership and professional growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package (annual bonus)
- Opportunity to work on innovative agile projects with other high-performing, passionate team members from all over the globe (international travel opportunities)
- Collaborative work environment that encourages continuous learning and professional development (including English classes, support in national and international courses,
- Flexible work hours and autonomy
- Voucher for health activities, food allowance, in-office snacks, drinks, and games
If you love IT as much as we do, we look forward to meeting you!
Equality is a principle here at Poatek. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Therefore we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
We will only use the information you provide to process your application and to produce tracking statistics. Since we do not request personal data deemed sensitive, we ask you to abstain from sharing that information with us.