Apply for this job
Hadrian — Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian is building autonomous factories that help aerospace and defense companies make rockets, jets, and satellites 10x faster and 2x cheaper. Our CEO, Chris Power, discusses the importance of what we're building in this video.
We are a lean but mighty team of 80 (and growing!) people that are passionate about building critical infrastructure to support the nation and the advancement of humanity.
To support our ambitious vision, we have raised > $100M from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital, and more.
We're looking for a crucial addition to our software engineering team. Your contributions to our internal CAD/CAM automation software suite (Copilot) will automate Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis, CAM programming, and CMM programming. Collaborating with top-tier operators, we identify areas ripe for software augmentation or automation.
Your work will have a direct impact on the throughput and efficiency of both people and machines across the organization. Prior experience in aerospace, defense, or manufacturing is not a prerequisite.
Copilot is our suite of CAD/CAM automation software that is responsible for automating Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis, CAM programming, and CMM programming. We work with some of the best operators in the world to identify high impact areas to augment and/or automate with software. We are responsible for designing and implementing the solutions cradle to grave. Broadly, this can be any combination of full stack web engineering, applications engineering, computational geometry, and working with a number of engineering centric APIs (documented and undocumented).
In this role you will:
- Develop and deploy critical applications that automate complex, precise processes
- Support frontend development across multiple product verticals
- Collaborate with industry experts to deepen your understanding of the field
- Be a part of an innovative team of engineers, operators, and top-notch machinists/CAM programmers
- Enjoy autonomy with significant room for growth
- Demonstrated expertise in React / Typescript / Redux
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- Experience with styled-components, tailwind, and REST APIs
- Aware of client-side performance considerations
- Strong familiarity with software design patterns and interfaces
- Strong analytical and technical abilities
- Unit testing experience (Jest/ Cypress /Testing library preferred)
- Excellent collaborator and communicator, able to articulate technical design trade-offs
- You are a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
- Proactive, takes pride in work, values solution-oriented thinking
- Experience leading critical technology projects
- Proficient with large, complex codebases
- User-focused and product-minded
- Capable of implementing pixel-perfect UIs and rapid prototypes
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit — we'll support you if you decide to leave and start a company
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a flexible compensation model, where employees get to choose their salary and equity on a sliding scale based on their personal optimization.
Our offer letters include two packages:
1. Higher equity and lower salary
2. Lower equity and higher salary
Candidates are able to select any salary within the range and we’ll adjust their equity accordingly. It’s important to us that every employee is an owner so even the high salary option will include meaningful equity.
For this role, the target salary range is $150,000 - $275,000 (actual range may vary based on experience).
In addition to salary and equity, we offer:
• 100% coverage of platinum medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans for employees
• Relocation stipend if you’re moving from outside of LA
• Flexible vacation policy
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.