Apply for this job
#paid is a creator marketing platform that sits at the intersection of brand and creator collaboration. We help direct-to-consumer and Fortune 500 brands like Infiniti, TJX, Unilever, and Sephora, activate creators to drive growth.
We are building the platform of record that powers content creation and distribution for brands globally. The better we do that, the better we can serve our creator community and provide them with the best place on earth to do what they love—create.
You are an experienced software developer, who has worked as part of small to medium-sized teams and participated in planning, designing, and shipping small-to-medium scale applications.
You are a team player and contributor to technology decisions and architecture and can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
You will be working as part of a group of developers, product managers, and designers who help each other solve problems across all functions. You will employ best practices in development, security, accessibility, and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
Day to Day
- You'll be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, work together on and own your personal growth and objectives
- You will work with Product Managers and Software Developers to collaboratively define the roadmap for features and tools
- You will perform 2-week time-boxed sprints with daily standups
- You'll clearly communicate with the team through our productivity tools (Slack, Notion and GitHub)
- You'll champion documentation and knowledge sharing
- You will contribute to the design of scalable software platforms with performance and security in mind
- You'll analyze and troubleshoot production issues in a timely fashion
- You'll assist developers with their assigned responsibilities when required
- You'll contribute to documentation, functional specifications, design documents and architecture diagrams
You're perfect for the role if
- You live and work within 3 Hours of Eastern Standard Time
- Proven history of excelling in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Senior-level knowledge of React and Redux
- Senior-level knowledge of client-side tooling such as Webpack, Storybook and testing libraries (we use Tap, Jest)
- Experience in mentoring junior team members, contributing to overall code quality & pull request process, and evangelizing best practices
- Experience reviewing code and giving constructive feedback to peers
- Eligible for Full-Time employment in Canada
Nice to have
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use GCP Monitoring Tools)
- Experience breaking monolithic services into microservices
- Senior-level knowledge of back-end development (we use Node.js)
- Senior-level knowledge of database engines (we use PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Proven Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Fastify, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Application review
- Two rounds of interviews across two days with four different components.
- Hiring Manager Interview (60 mins). We want to learn more about your experience and interests at this stage. You will also learn about the engineering team and decide if #paid is the right fit for you.
- Meet the team (60 mins). You will meet Product, Design and Engineering team members to learn how you collaborate across these disciplines. You will also have an opportunity to ask about our team structure and culture.
- Project Deep Dive (60 mins). You will meet the architecture team and talk in-depth about a past project or codebase you loved (or hated!). Come prepared to talk about technical topics (architecture, trade-offs and tools) and non-technical details (team structure, project planning, lessons learned and overall business impact). You are welcome to present slides or a codebase, but remember that this interview is a conversation, not a presentation.
- VP interview (30 mins). Intended to cover your skills in collaboration and communication, as well as to provide a final opportunity for you to ask any lingering questions about the company strategy.
- Note: this is an outline of interviewing at #paid. The interview process may vary depending on your experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
#paid is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.