This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. Public transit is being transformed from a system of static, scheduled fixed-routes, to a dynamic on-demand network, and you will be one of the pioneers shaping this transformation.
As the newest member of our Software Engineering team, you will contribute to the design and development of RideCo’s industry-leading ridesharing mobile applications. The ideal candidate must possess a sound grasp of mobile application development principles, leveraging their ability to understand business requirements and translate them directly into product and implementation decisions. You will thrive in a small-team environment with fast-paced agile iterations, where every developer contributes code that delivers a meaningful impact to our customers and the company.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Develop sophisticated new features and user interfaces while ensuring the best performance and user experience of our native mobile application.
- Delight our users by delivering new features and improvements to our cross-platform mobile applications that allow them to search, book, and ride with greater ease across multiple modes of transit.
- Collaborate with other developers, product owners and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions.
- Assist in the upkeep of code quality, reusability and continual code evaluation.
- Writing clean, readable and testable code
Your playground / what you’ll learn:
At RideCo you’ll get a chance to play, learn, and build with the following tools and technologies as part of a cross-functional team that is the world’s foremost innovator in on-demand transit software.
- Ionic hybrid apps for Android and iOS
- Kotlin for Android
- Working with internal and externally built APIs
- Development Processes: Agile, continuous integration, Jenkins, zero-downtime software updates
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Have built and maintained mobile applications.
- Expertise with hybrid web frameworks (any of: Cordova, Phonegap, Capacitor).
- Expertise with Kotlin programming language.
- Knowledge of the Android SDK and Android Studio.
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs within a mobile app.
- In-depth knowledge in HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+.
- A problem-solving attitude and excellent technical and communication skills
- Experience in deploying mobile apps to app marketplaces.
- Thorough awareness of the app lifecycle, architectural concepts and design elements.
- Practical knowledge of mobile app architecture, flow, design, implementation and release
- Familiarity with Agile build and development processes.
- Excitement for learning new domains and new skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base Salary: $90K - $120K + performance-based bonus + stock options
- Work-Life Balance & Additional Perks: Flex-time work schedules, vacation time, weekly catered lunches, social events, casual dress code
- Benefits Plan: Medical, dental, prescription, life/health spending accounts and more
- Work Environment: Located in KW's most desirable work space in the heart of Uptown Waterloo
- Commuter Program: Complimentary rides to and from work
Who we are:
RideCo powers on-demand transit. Public transit agencies use RideCo's cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses and vans. Our clients include some of the world’s largest transportation operators such as Los Angeles Metro, San Antonio Metro, and Calgary Transit.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with transfers and waiting while taking a public bus? Have you seen buses drive around in low-density areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You're likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This 'dynamic shuttle' (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep, and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo's 'dynamic shuttle' platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases, including residential/ suburban travel; first-mile-last-mile connections for transit hubs; and corporate employee transportation. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
RideCo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. Building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills benefits our employees, our customers, our products, and our community.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.