Front End Developer
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
We are seeking an experienced Front End Developer to join the Climate team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in climate, geospatial data, or agriculture and be able to leverage their technical skills to build robust, efficient, and scalable applications that support our clients' needs.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business requirements and design solutions that meet client needs
- Assist with documentation for all applications, including user manuals and technical documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application functionality, performance, and usability
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends related to application development
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in application development using React and Python.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and project management tools such as JIRA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have
- Passion for climate, geospatial data, or agriculture
- Experience using Dash
- Experience developing dashboards, webpages
The salary range for this role is expected to be $100,000 - $130,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.