Who are we?
Friend MTS are content protection pioneers. Launched in 2006, we have engineered our way to provide industry leading, award winning content protection solutions. We proudly partner with some of the world's most notable broadcasters, providing security against piracy.
Whilst our people continue to drive us innovatively into expanding territories, we are reflecting this growth within the company. We lead with curiosity, collaboration and passion and we hope you will too.
About the Role…
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Mobile App Developer to work as part of the team developing security-focussed mobile applications and SDKs for the iOS / iPadOS and Android platforms.
This is a hands-on role in an ambitious organisation working on an exciting new project that requires you to take responsibility for your own deliverables and to work closely with the rest of the team to achieve a successful outcome.
As one of our Mobile Developers, you will:
- Work as part of a team to design and build iOS and Android applications and SDKs with global reach, implementing cross-app synergies and features
- Be responsible for the full development lifecycle, from design and prototype through development, testing, and deployment
- Deliver to rapid timescales in a dynamic agile environment
- Collaborate with other teams across the business and work with all development teams to create end-to-end products and services
- Demonstrate drive and enthusiasm, innovating, working with minimal direction, meeting requirements, and delivering to a high standard
- Unit test code and work alongside QA to create test suites
- Work closely with the UI design team to execute the design as closely as possible, staying within the design guidelines of the brand
You will be set up for success as our Mobile Developers if you have:
- Strong commercial app development experience in Swift / Objective C on the iOS / iPadOS platforms and/or Java / Kotlin on the Android platform, with an enthusiasm for technical challenges
- A core library of the SDKs is developed in C++, so a strong knowledge of this language is also required
- Knowledge of React Native
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with C++ and cross platform compilation using GCC/clang and Conan
- Knowledge of CMake and Gradle
- Extensive experience with the iOS, iPadOS and Android platforms with a comprehensive understanding of the application lifecycle, and OS integration
- Strong commercial experience with Swift / Objective C and Java / Kotlin plus React Native.
- Knowledge and experience with the Android JNI
- Able to consume RESTful web APIs and use networking libraries to integrate with applications
- Experience in building both dedicated apps and standalone SDKs for use by third-parties
- Experience with automated testing best practices, and Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Familiarity with software configuration management (SCM) concepts and version control systems, especially Git
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GitLab CI
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems, including scripting skills.
- Experience with JNI
- Experience with cross-compiling for different architectures
What we will offer you:
- 25 days, plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday
- Supported Pension Scheme
- After 6-month’s employment, life assurance at four times salary
- Agile and flexible working to support work/life balance
- Tech set-up to ensure you are fully equipped to be successful
- This is a hybrid working position with the option to commute into either our York, London or Birmingham offices twice a week
Here at Friend MTS, we are dedicated to nurturing and expanding a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are. By embracing the diversity of our people (and future people!) we achieve our best work, together. We ensure that at all stages of our hiring process, your education level, neurodivergence, background, race, religion, colour, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability will not influence your chances for selection.
If you are interested in applying for a role at Friend MTS and need special assistance, please make us aware and we will support you in accommodating this.