Come help us build one of the most exciting new products in the music industry! Qwire is revolutionizing how studios, editors, composers, artists, publishers, labels, and performance rights organizations collaborate to license music. Managing the entire audio lifecycle of movies, television shows, and live sports broadcasts is no small task. Making sure that accurate licensing information is submitted to every required destination so the right people get paid is an even bigger one. Studios like Warner Bros. are replacing their million-dollar home-grown solutions and spreadsheets with our SaaS offering.
You should have depth and experience across our stack. We like generalists, especially ones with ‘T’ shaped experience – depth in one or two areas along with broad interest in developing additional expertise. For this position, we’d love some depth in React and front-end technologies. That said, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and contribute across the entire code base. At Qwire, we value a friendly, collaborative, data driven culture that places a premium on learning: slope over intercept.
We don't require you to submit a resume, but please do submit one if you think it will help us understand your background. We place more emphasis on you telling us a bit about yourself, why you're interested in Qwire, and your relevant experience in the "About You" section. Our team generally reads that section first.
Every candidate that applies will get a response. We'll reach out to selected candidates to schedule an initial call after reviewing each submission. Our interviewing process is fast and straightforward: no brainteasers, no coding on a whiteboard, and your first conversation will be with the CTO or another engineer, not a recruiter.
- Lead by example with the code you contribute, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Work with the CTO and the engineering team to improve the application architecture
- Collaborate with Product and UX to manage and execute our roadmap.
- While we prioritize development time over meetings, you will also be expected to help break down roadmap issues and UX prototypes into smaller, self-contained technical issues that are properly sized, described, and scoped for discrete pull requests (we use and love Linear for issue tracking)
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to identify any existing pain-points in the current development processes, help to design and implement improvements.
- Identify ways to improve our logging, monitoring, and APM; design and implement improvements to overall observability and performance.
- Be welcoming and approachable. Answer questions about our tooling and processes with kindness and compassion. Help others understand the work we do and how they can improve their craft.
Experience that will be helpful
- Experience as a lead engineer for projects of increasing complexity, ideally in both a startup environment and in a large, legacy code base
- Experience with docker-based container development and deployment
- Experience with web design architecture and stage-appropriate scalability
- Familiarity with application security best practices, OAUTH, and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Some familiarity with database management, monitoring, debugging
We offer a full benefits package including unlimited time off.