Senior Front-End Engineer
Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You’d join a highly technical group who are well versed in building enterprise-ready and highly secure software systems.
*Please note this role is only open to US-based candidates
What you’ll be doing
- Championing our front-end efforts, building consistently-usable React components in and around our design system for consumption in our web applications
- Making informed choices about our front-end tech stack and architecture, and bringing the team along for that ride
- Building out an international team of front-end engineers, including both local and remote members
- Educating and growing our engineering team, helping them understand best practice and how to most effectively work together on our front-end (as both consumers and contributors)
- Building a platform that connects hackers around the world with companies to help make the internet more secure.
- In addition to our external users, you'll be working on improving our platform for our amazing internal teams, such as the Application Security Engineers who review and test incoming vulnerabilities.
- Helping design the platform by working with our product team and both internal and external stakeholders to provide an engineering and UX perspective.
- Working with our designers to improve our design system which strives for high accessibility and standards compliance: https://bugcrowd.design/
What you should know
- Deep understanding of modern web front-end architectures and patterns.
- Strong familiarity with packaging, esbuild, webpack etc.
- Templating — we use HAML with Ruby on Rails
- Deep understanding of HTML5 and web document & app semantics
- Strong familiarity with CSS
- Top-level understanding of WCAG2 and other inclusive design principles
- Strong familiarity with JS test frameworks — we use Jest with enzyme
- Deep understanding of WCAG2
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Secure development best practices (OWASP, etc.)
- Deep understanding of front-end performance issues in web applications
Pay Range Disclosure
The base pay range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to Qualifications, Geographical Location, Education/certifications, Experience, Skill Sets, Training, and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the current range for the position of Senior Front-End Engineer is: $90,801 - $130,068.
This position may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary bonus program or commission plan, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- We use an agile development methodology, but we’re not dogmatic about it. It’s meant to empower, not impose.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite’s in the kitchen, but not mandatory.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Features ship to users every single day. We deploy multiple times daily.
- Catered lunches and breakfasts twice a week.
- Cool office in one SF’s historic buildings right by the Embarcadero and Exploratorium.
- Regular Hackathons
- Opportunities to attend relevant conferences.
- Flexible vacation time
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage.
- Generous allowance to build your ideal work station (think standing desks, killer displays, souped-up laptops, and mechanical keyboards).
- Company-sponsored off-sites and celebrations.
- Catered breakfast & lunches from local vendors to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Endless snacks and beverages to keep your brain juices flowing.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.
A supportive, collaborative group of people who understand that success depends on the team.
Bugcrowd is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.