Senior Frontend Engineer
Apply for this job
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,??, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
You will be working on features that manipulate Canva designs at scale, while working independently and proactively in creating campaigns at scale and improving magic replace, magic resize and bulk create.
Why is this role needed?
- Create campaigns at scale.
- Expanding support for magic resize.
- Expanding bulk create.
- Building out Designs at Scale.
- Expanding Magic replace to all ingredients.
What is exciting about this role?
- You will get to work on projects that are key to Canva's strategic goals. There are many opportunities to bring new features from chaos to clarity.
- Building highly visible, much-requested and promoted features, while doing new things that aren't done often here at Canva
- Design, develop and deploy solutions via hands-on software development. Work closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features to our customers worldwide
- Work on bringing more Magic to our users through the use of ML and AI Integrations.
- Communicate effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Model initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Identify opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieve our goals
Key skills or experience?
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.