Front-End Software Engineer
Apply for this job
Do you want to join a team where you work on challenging problems, make a positive difference to the world, and have fun doing it? Then we have the perfect role for you! As a part of Nasdaq’s Anti-Financial Crime unit, Verafin is an innovator in anti-financial crime management solutions and along with Nasdaq, has a mission to create the world’s most effective crime-fighting network.
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with trade and market surveillance, while focusing on building tools to help analysts solve and prevent financial crime. You will also have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies to provide end-users with cutting-edge tools that will be utilized daily. With your curious mind, your attention to detail and your refined problem-solving ability, you will help protect the world's financial data. This role will work in tandem with Verafin and Nasdaq team members.
- Working with the project managers to understand requirements, and collaborate with back-end developers to deliver the solutions
- Working with the product design team to ensure the product matches the agreed upon designs
- Recognizing all aspects of the user experience, with an influence on Front-End technology choices and best practices
- Designing solutions to solve technical problems
- Writing and reviewing quality code
- Helping to develop new features, bug fixes and optimizations
- Building complex investigation tools for market and trade surveillance
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- A university degree or college diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of Software Development experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the following technologies: React, Redux, Typescript, Jest, React Testing Library, Styled Components, and Webpack
- Ability to integrate REST APIs
- Experience with testing frameworks such as HTML5/CSS/TDD
- Ability to convey an idea, explain a problem, and discuss solutions with internal teams
- An understanding of Clean Code principles
- Time management and organizational skills to manage complex projects
Experience with the following technologies would be an asset:
- Back-end technologies such as Java, Python, or C#
- Building APIs
- Object-oriented software development
- SSO and security systems
- Figma or other wire framing tools
- AWS and Distributed Systems
- CICD Tooling and DevOps
What Does Success Look Like in This Role?
- Able to take a prototype design and turn it into a working application
- Work with the product team to develop both Front-End web application and Back-End services
- Become a part of the initial design process, building required components, and connecting to backend services
- Apply Test Driven Development to ensure all design and business requirements are met
What Does Growth Look Like in This Role?
- Able to turn design elements into something that aligns with what the designer intended
- Follow Technical leadership path including Senior Software Developer, Lead Developer and Architect
- Become the lead or the subject matter expert of your current team
This posting will close at 5:00PM NST on April 28th, 2023
Industry and on-the-job training is provided for all roles at Verafin.
?Verafin places a high value on building a diverse team, candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best assist you.
When possible, please submit your resume and other documentation in PDF format.
Mobile devices are not supported for job applications currently. Please apply using a desktop device for the best user experience.
Please note: we frequently see our jobs posted on job aggregators, which are essentially search engines for jobs. Generally those sites ask you to use their sites to apply for the posted job and they do not send us the application. As a reminder, the only way to apply for a job with Verafin is on our site www.verafin.com/careers. We look forward to reviewing your application.