Apply for this job
Plai Labs is searching for the best and brightest Software Engineers to work on a culture-shaping consumer mobile experience that brings the power and fun of Generative AI to the masses.
We’re looking for a smart, experienced React Native engineer who thrives in ambiguous, agile environments. Our right fit is someone who enjoys solving problems, deeply understands mobile experiences and interaction design, thrives when learning new technologies, cares about scalability, interacts effectively in a team environment, and takes ownership and pride in the work that they do.
We are looking for a top-quality React Native developer to support a large-scale native app launch. This position is for someone that understands the balance of iterating and shipping new experiences + features at a fast pace, while maintaining code quality and integrity.
The Plai Labs team is stacked with serial entrepreneurs, who’ve launched/built/sold multiple billion dollar companies. We are a solid, hard working, driven team of technologists. Plai Labs is an A16z portfolio company, based in Los Angeles with a distributed global team.
- 5+ years of React Native experience building consumer apps
- Strong experience with Firebase
- Multiple live projects in the Apple and Google App Stores
- Experience with AI tools a plus (Google ML Kit, Apple CoreML, etc)
- Social platform experience a big plus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of agile development methodologies, able to manage PM workflows
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Work closely with product leadership, product designers and backend engineers to build and release on schedule.
- Create a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture and call back end API services to support it.
- Integrate analytics, social sharing, and other 3rd party SDKs at a rapid pace.
- Implement fast and seamless user experiences.
- Advise UI/UX designers on interaction design.
- Succeed in an ambiguous environment by providing leadership where needed.
- Applicants must share 6 hours of overlap work time with the rest of the team in PST (West Coast of USA).