At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
You will be responsible for sound technical execution of web projects through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. These projects will require close collaboration with our product managers, user interface designers, brand producers, data scientists, and engineering teams.
Projects may occur simultaneously, so you must be able to juggle multiple concurrent initiatives. We will also expect you to champion sound frontend standards to engineers, designers, and management.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We constantly innovate and incorporate cutting edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched.
- Brief daily meeting to sync with small cross-functional team (scrum).
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates.
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor).
- Write comprehensive tests of functionality, and ensure that they pass.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and passenger.
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Good understanding of how browsers and DOM work.
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt.
- Proficiency with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency with browser developer tools.
- Proficiency with the Unix command line interface.
- Solid understanding of web performance.
- Experience with web asset optimization and content delivery networks.
- Proficiency with TypeScript, Python, Go, and/or Bash.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass.
- Understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Experience with modern frontend testing tools, such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Jasmine, Protractor, and WebDriver.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized computing.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.