See yourself at Dataminr
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Mobile Experience team, you will be joining a fast-moving engineering team working on revamping our mobile product suite. In your day to day you will help define and build new mobile-first experiences for our diverse set of customers.This US-based role can be remote or based out of our New York City office.
At Dataminr, we are creating a team of talented builders, creators and visionaries to have a real-world impact on how organizations respond to fast-emerging events as they unfold. We are 850 talented individuals, spanning seven global offices, united by our passion to use AI for the greater good and be agents of positive change in our company and in our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you healthy and happy:
- Company paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Generous PTO, unlimited sick days and remote working options
- Paid parental leave and family forming benefits
- Company equity (RSUs)
- Reimbursements for mental health and wellness apps
At Dataminr, we serve a global community made up of many cultures and strive to reflect the diversity of the world in which we live. We stand for social justice and we lead with empathy. We foster a culture of allyship, standing up for those who face systemic barriers to equality. We actively condemn racism and discrimination in any form.
We believe our differences give us strength. Our employees are empowered to be their best, authentic selves through various opportunities, such as our robust employee resource group (ERG) network, individual learning and development funds, and more.
- Contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- Spend time with different parts of the company to understand how events around the world turn into customer alerts.
- Implement industry best practices along with novel patterns and technologies that will help improve the codebase and the product
- Partner with other members of the team to plan and deliver the next iteration of our customer mobile applications to support emerging use cases for our product.
- Be a technical mentor for more junior members of the team as well as sharing technical leadership responsibilities with other seniors on the team.
What you bring
At Dataminr, we value you for who you are. We encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don’t meet every qualification. Our candidates are reviewed on the basis of their skill and potential to succeed.
- 5+ years of experience building complex, modern web and mobile applications
- Experience building modular front end components as well as component libraries that adhere to larger design systems
- Experience with React, Redux, React Native or similar component based front-end frameworks
- Proven track record of implementing and following strong engineering practices through hands-on coding
- Experience mentoring and/or influencing junior team members in evolving their skills as software engineers
Dataminr, the world’s leading real-time information discovery platform, delivers the earliest warnings on high-impact events, emerging risks and other critical business information far in advance of other sources. Recognized as one of the world’s leading AI businesses, Dataminr enables faster response, more effective risk mitigation and stronger crisis management for public and private sector organizations spanning global corporations, first responders, NGOs and newsrooms. Most recently valued at $4.1B, Dataminr serves more than two-thirds of the Fortune 50 and half of the Fortune 100 companies and over 650 newsrooms worldwide.
Colorado, New York, California, Washington only: The salary range for this position is as indicated below. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location, applicant skills, and prior relevant experience, among other factors.
New York/California/Washington: $175,000-185,000
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.