Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $81 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.2 billion in just 18 months. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
We are looking for a Software Engineer/Architect (Applications/Frontend) who will be responsible for building core software products and architecture.
May be assigned to various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States. Remote work/work at home may be permitted.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions; develop, create and modify applications software; and solve complex technical issues and resolve product challenges.
- Write high-quality, extensible, and maintainable code.
- Design and develop scalable frontend applications and software components; and design and develop APIs to drive new and existing features for web-based applications.
- Will build, test and deploy software tools, be required to quickly learn new frameworks, architecture patterns and programming languages, and perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science/engineering or related field
- At least 3 years in position offered or in development of APIs
- Drive product iterations via A/B testing, collaborating with product management and UX design partners
- Use React and GraphQL to design and develop APIs in production environment
- Python and Java
- Ruby, Scala and SQL
- Airflow, Spark, and Git
- Junit, Pytest, Selenium and Cypress
- Serve as Backend PoC
- Hiring requirements: Background & Reference Checks + Technical Skills Assessments
The salary range for this role is $150,000 to $200,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- ? Start-up equity
- ? Full health, vision & dental coverage
- ?? Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- ? Commuter benefit
- ? Team building events & happy hours
- ? Flexible PTO
- ? Apple equipment plus home office budget
- ? 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!