Senior Product Manager Frontend Experience
Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world.
Algolia customers want to leverage state of the art user experiences powered by AI. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Product Manager to join our fast moving team. You will engage with a wide range of product teams to support our highest business priorities, help solve critical customer problems, enable Algolia developers to build intuitive user interfaces, learn and develop a strong product market fit for new ideas, and more.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for owning the product roadmap, participating in agile scrum ceremonies, mining your own data, and building the user interface principles. You will be responsible for inspiring and empowering Algolia customers to build the best Algolia powered UI experiences to deliver the highest value to their end-users.
Your role will consist of:
- Owning the product roadmap and the interfaces of Algolia’s UI developers
- Running/participating in various agile scrum activities and ceremonies
- Be a strong advocate of UI by partnering with research and design teams
- Designing elegant experiences, based on data and insights, that solve customer problems
- Designing and shipping high-quality components and patterns in a systematic, detail-oriented way, ensuring implementation is consistent with Algolia’s UI principles
- Partner with designers, engineers, other PMs and stakeholders across the company to deliver products and features from conception to launch.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, detailed product artifacts, and product rationale verbally and visually to a variety of audiences
- Comfortable writing concise documentation to align expectations, goals, and guidelines among cross-functional teams
- Own the success or failure of your product work: validate your products and initiate improvements
- Constantly looking to understand more about the customers ambitions
- 5+ years product management experience
- An ability to work with engineering, design, product marketing, GTM sales, and customer support to help launch new products and support existing ones
- Comfortable presenting to the company as a thought leader for product
- Shipping products with cross-organization/functional dependencies
- Familiarity and experience with various prioritization frameworks
- Ability to mine your own data with SQL for insight analysis and communication
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Ability to write in-depth product artifacts employing product principles and frameworks
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of bundling UI into software libraries
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $200-500M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
- Good understanding of the eCommerce industry trends and ecosystem
- Familiarity with search engines and search technologies
- Familiarity with ML/AI technologies
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, Sydney and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Sydney and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!