We're building a fundamentally new supply chain from the ground up, led by the belief that commerce should benefit makers and consumers, not middlemen. Our mission is simple: to empower manufacturers to make more money without sacrificing quality or ethics and to make a quality lifestyle accessible to all consumers in the world.
Based in Los Angeles, Milan, and Shenzhen and backed by top investors, we are a small but diverse team of product developers, designers, supply chain aces, and engineers who passionate about actually reinventing retail.
If the thrills of early-stage companies excite you and you're up for the challenge, you'd be truly hard-pressed to come by a better opportunity.
What you'll need:
- Immense passion about front-end, software engineering, and UI Design
- An ability to build most things you can imagine, or have previously built something interesting, unique, or noteworthy
- An outstanding track record of at least 3+ years of projects you've shipped or helped ship
- A healthy sense of detachment from the solutions you develop; fast-growing companies change directions
- Comfort with ambiguity with a sense of intuition when communicating with users who have limited information or don’t always know exactly what they need
- Experience with Rails and some familiarity with our current stack, or an demonstrated ability to pick up the required (and new) pieces quickly
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Go
What you'll do:
- Work together with our CEO, senior full-stack engineers, and designers to ship new products, storefront changes, and new designs
- Influence the direction of the company and empower other teams through our internal tools
- Play a large role in developing and enhancing the Italic storefront
- Shape and grow the technology of a business that is capturing an enormous opportunity
- Play a critical role in how our culture develops
Benefits at Italic:
Pay Day - Competitive Salaries
Time Off - Unlimited vacation policy; take whatever time you feel like is appropriate so you produce your best work
Nice Things - Annual Italic credit and membership
Become Stronger - Professional development programs
Tight Knit Teammates - Inclusive off-sites and events
Yum - Free lunch (and dinner when working late)
A Slice of The Company - Stock Options
You're Covered - Health insurance and gym stipend
Help With The Future - 401K
Nuggets of Knowledge - Shared office library
A Productive Setup - Equipment of choice
Sunshine - A beautiful headquarters in West Hollywood, CA
We are rebuilding the largest industry in the world from the ground up. You'll do work that (actually) matters together with a team that cares about you, your fulfillment, and your health. In return, you'll be compensated with good pay, good stock options, and good benefits.
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status... Furthermore, we don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people — good at work and with a good heart.
If this sounds like you, come join us!