Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
SafeLease enables commercial real estate owners to maximize the value of their assets. Our Engineering team is building a suite of products that expand on the early success of our tenant insurance offering. Your work will unlock new revenue channels, optimize data-driven pricing models, and automate revenue collection for property owners.
SafeLease offers its teammates unlimited PTO, comprehensive health benefits, and more.
About the role
SafeLease is looking for a highly motivated mobile engineer to help lay our technical foundation. This is a high visibility role providing the opportunity to work directly with the founding team and director of engineering. As one of the first 20 engineering teammates, your work will have an outsized influence on future developers, the codebase, and company culture. You must be hands-on with the code and excited about the challenge of building with a high-performance team.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who thrives in a rapidly changing environment, takes initiative and brings ideas to the table, and helps achieve quick wins as we bring new products to market.
This is an in-office role in our downtown Austin, Texas office.
Why choose SafeLease?
- The tech. Join us as we build from the ground up. SafeLease utilizes proprietary data and the latest technologies to create financial success for our partners.
- The team. We’ve got grit, we’ve got industry experts, and we’ve got high standards.
- The stability. We’re young, yet well capitalized. Expect a competitive compensation package in the top quartile.
What you'll do
- Play a major role in the planning, implementation, and rollout of an exciting new product
- Provide thought leadership on mobile development
- Develop and maintain the new product’s mobile applications on both iOS and Android platforms using React Native framework
- Work closely with product and design teams to bring new features to life and improve existing ones
- Collaborate with teammates to ensure seamless integration with our APIs
- Optimize performance and ensure a high-quality user experience
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other team members
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in mobile development
- 3+ years of experience in mobile development using the React Native framework
- Strong understanding of mobile application architecture and design patterns
- Experience with revision control systems (Git)
- Experience in the development and maintenance of unit tests using a testing framework, such as Jest, is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and tools such as JIRA is a plus
- Experience with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Track record of shipping code in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- Show leadership and be an advocate for our customers within engineering
- Proven ability to work with other software development engineers for problem reproduction and resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with mobile application monitoring/management/deployment is highly desirable
- Experience with releasing applications to tablets is a plus
- Experience with full stack engineering and/or backend engineering with Node is a plus
If the following describes you, we encourage you to apply:
- Collaborative partner: Working closely with company leadership, you’ll address technical challenges and low hanging fruit technical needs
- Problem solver: Complex problems often require innovative, creative approaches—and you’ll work to come up with outside-the-box solutions to solve them
- Customer-centric developer: You understand who we’re here to serve and the products you develop will keep both key constituents in our B2B2C models needs met
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn’t enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you’ll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
Employment at SafeLease is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check.