Zaizi is looking for a Senior Front End Developer with solid technology skills, who are also passionate about improving outcomes and the user experience.
You will be confident in your own skills with a proven track record of delivering high quality software in demanding environments. You will be passionate about new technologies and keen to share it across the organisation.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly and innovative. We seek bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you'll fit right in!
This role is remote for the foreseeable future with onsite client working where required and occasional travel to head office in London for workshops/meetings.
- Develop software to meet user needs
- Follow best-practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines
- Write clean, secure and well-tested code
- Coach and mentor junior colleagues
- Engage with other members in an Agile team to improve software and outcomes
Ways of working:
- Demonstrable experience working in Agile teams
- Demonstrable experience working on product development environments based on observation, experimentation and user research
- Demonstrable experience working in multi-disciplinary/DevOps teams which include product owner/manager, UX designers, UX researchers, Developers, Platform engineers, etc
- Demonstrable experience working on continuous integration environments
Coding and testing:
- Strong REACT experience
- Testing experience-(Unit testing/End to End testing - e.g Jest/NightwatchJS etc)
- Experience with AA Standard accessibility
- Experience with restful API’s
- Experience developing for all major currently used browsers e.g Chrome, Edge etc.
- Strong performance optimisation awareness
Nice to have skills:
- Working with UK Government or public sector
- Building component libraries
- Appreciation of security principals
- Demonstration of scalability and reusability
- An appreciation for UX
You don’t meet all the requirements?
Studies show that women and black, Asian and minority ethnic people are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every qualification. So if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we’d love you to still apply. You might just be the perfect person for this role, or another role here at Zaizi.
Zaizi works with UK Central Government departments on a range of projects. To be able to work on our customer projects, employees must be Security Cleared to a standard acceptable to our Government customers. Due to this restriction we can currently only recruit candidates who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously.
Salary: £57,000 - £75,000
25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
BUPA medical insurance
Workplace Pension 5% employer contribution
Group Life Assurance
5 days a year for approved Training
WFH equipment allowance
Buy / Sell Holiday
2 days paid volunteering days
Work on exciting projects - make a difference
Empowered to make decisions
Encouraged to fail fast and learn quickly