About the Role:
Sezzle has an incredible opportunity to make an impact within a growing FinTech company. As a Software Engineer I focused on our mobile app, you will be responsible for solving challenges in our highest-traffic applications, with your work having a direct impact on our customers and product.
Day-to-day, you’ll partner with your team to build out features and products in our React Native-based mobile app , as well as in our golang backends hosted in Kubernetes. In this role, you’ll also provide support for our mobile app as a platform, working closely with engineers from multiple teams to support larger product releases.
As your skills grow so will the size and scope of the projects which you’ll be involved in. Sezzle has a strong culture for promotion with defined paths through Engineering that matches all levels. You’ll be working as part of a full-stack Engineering team which has varied disciplines.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Work within our cross-platform typescript React Native app, and Golang backend APIs to build and maintain new innovative product features.
- Actively learn new areas of the product, and collaborate with owners for different product features to gain insight and offer constructive suggestions for improvements
- Be an active participant in design/architecture discussions sharing your ideas while building the next generation of features for the Sezzle platform
- Hands-on with our codebase and a contributor to code reviews
- Work with the team to continuously build clean, scalable, robust, and testable code
- Assist in planning, estimations, and completion for projects brought up by the team stakeholders
- Experience solving technical problems as part of a team
- Bachelor's in computer science (preferred) or equivalent related experience
- Ability to solve problems with backend-focused languages like Go, Python, Java or similar
- Basic understanding of relational databases like MySQL
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience developing and delivering a mobile application to a mobile app store (Apple or Google)
- Knowledgeable in writing automated tests for applications (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Familiar with the basic principles and design of React Native Apps, and RESTful APIs
- Basic knowledge of a Microservice Architecture
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, and release processes
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- Ownership. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off, sick time and volunteer hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and STD/LTD insurance
- Highly discounted LifeTime gym membership
- Work From Home stipend
- 401k with impressive employer match
- Remote first work with the option of a collaborative office space in Minneapolis
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.